2014 GT 500 engine oil leak

GregoryRcode

Hi there. I have 2014 GT 500 engine oil leak where the oil filter adapter-oil cooler bolts on to the block. I might add that this car only has 2500 kilometres (1500 miles) on it and has never been raced or abused in any way. Have you seen this problem before?? It is a major job to fix. The engine has to be supported and the k- member has to be lowered out of the way. I've had it in to the dealer twice and they still haven't touched it yet.
There is no way this engine or any other engine for that matter, but especially this engine,should ever have an oil leak at this mileage. !!!!!! Have you seen this before??
My concern is; they guys at my Dealer just see this as another dime-a-dozen ordinary vehicle. They're not worried about scratching the top of strut-towers, where the metal engine supports go or anything else. This is my baby, my Dream-car. There isn't a mark on this thing anywhere. !!!! I am extremely ANAL about caring for the car and Don't trust it with people that aren't. Also with k-member being lowered, I am also very concerned about the engine, transmission, steering and suspended alignment after the are done. I've read the job instructions; all they do is mark around the mount bolts with chalk to help with reassembly. This is not accurate. There nothing better than the factory alignment at the assembly plant. I know because I work at one. So I think you can understand that even though the oil leak may get fixed, the cars alignment will have never be the same again.
What are your thoughts about this???
Gregoryrcode

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hirting

Established Member
Hi Gregory,

I think you may have posted this in the wrong section of the forums but am sure a moderator will move it for you.

I am not certain how common of an issue this is on a GT500 but I have installed a Boss Oil cooler on my GT and I can't imagine the fix requiring the whole k member to be dropped. That being said, I have never worked on a GT500 engine and there may be less room.

I would first suggest tightening the bung that holds the cooler to the block (to spec) yourself and see if that solves the issue. If it still leaks then then you may have no other choice then to have the dealership address the problem. It may be worth taking it to another dealership and get a second opinion and also let them know how critical it is for them to be careful with your vehicle and then see how they react. I felt the same way about my vehicle and that is why I chose to learn and do things myself. Check youtube and other resources, there might be a quick and easy solution that you can do yourself.

I hope this helps.

Walter

GregoryRcode

Hey Walter. Yes I have. I am new all this. Someone did tell me but not sure who it was. Thanks for all the info. I have checked the torque on the bolts. They are fine. I was going to do it myself but since the car is still under warranty, I thought I would take it in. Found out what has to be done. Having second thoughts now. I'm like you and normally do everything myself. But after seeing how big of a job it is, seemed silly to do it myself when it covered under warranty. But I may have to find another SVT dealer to do the work. Someone I can trust, whoever that is???
Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread