2014 F350 DRW tires.

Long Colt

Established Member
Do you have anything for the 17 inch x 6.5 wide stock wheels that are 32 to 33 inches tall that are not mud tires like BFG'S?

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post, Long Colt.

Your options are pretty limited when it comes to plus sizing the tires on the factory wheels. The next size up from factory is 255/75R-17 but unfortunately there are no properly load rated highway tires built in this size. You could go with 255/80R17's but all the models built in this size are on/off-road tires. Also, you would likely have to run a spacer in-between the dual wheels (not recommended) to prevent the tires from touching. Even the slightly narrower and taller 235/80R-17 won't work because like the 255/75R-17 size, there are no properly load rated tires. That all being said, the only option is to stick with the factory tire size.

Details: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...ing_informational&utm_term=svtperformance.com

Long Colt

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. All I tow is my car. I don't need the higher rated tires. I don't think I would have to run a spacer on 255's. I have about a 1.25 gap and the 255's are .6" wider so I should still have about a .6 gap if I am thinking this out correctly.

I like the 255 in a SilentArmor from Goodyear that is 1/2" taller but I want to see one before I buy 6. I would really like to get 1-2" taller but realize now it's probably not available. My speedometer has about a 3% error on the high side. When I show I am going 35 mph I am actually closer to 32. If I could get a little taller than my speedometer would be closer to actual.

I will not get 25K out of the Generals. The tires on the front are wearing far faster than the rears I guess from the weight of the diesel motor and having duals I guess reduces wear on the rear.

Thank you for the reply.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I apologize for the late response, Long Colt. Not sure how I missed the notification for your reply.

All the 255/75R-17 tire models (excluding one mud terrain) are grossly underrated when compared to the O.E. LT245/75R-17 10-ply rated tires that come on the vehicle. The 4-ply rated P255/75R-17 SL Goodyear Silent Armor tires you noted only carry a max load of 2300lbs at the maximum pressure of 44 PSI (after the 9% reduction for switching from an LT to P constructed tire). I'm not sure which trim level you have but assuming the placard pressure is 75PSI front and 80 PSI rear, the factory front tires carry 3195lbs each and the rear tires carry 2910lbs each. That being said, it's recommended that you stick with the O.E. size or plus size to 255/80R-17 tires.

Users who are viewing this thread