2014+ DPF Delete and Programming Thread

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
I need help. I know the EPA has been cracking down on this (freakin libtards), but I really want to get this stupid DPF deleted for MPG and performance. I just bought a 2014 power stroke - my first ever. I've heard the motor longevity is being compromised by this stupid system.

Can anyone point me to the most cost effective approach to accomplishing this? I know the exhaust parts are simple to find, but I can't seem to find a good resource for the programmer and tuning.

I've also posted a similar thread on powerstroke.org, not having much luck there either. I know people are doing it, but keeping it on the down low because of the freakin EPA.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
I just picked up a 14 Lariat yesterday. I have heard good things about Spartan tuning and Flo pro exhaust.

I was able to do it with an SCT X4... and it was a hell of a lot cheaper. There are several vendors selling them with custom tunes to kill the DPF and EGR. I got mine from No Limit Fabrication aka http://www.nolimitdiesel.com

It was like 750.00 vs. 1500.00 for Spartan and H&S granted H&S and Spartan allow you to apparently swap tunes on the fly and have some other nice capabilities.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I bought all my stuff through No Limit.. Mike is a great guy and worked out a sweet deal!

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
I was able to do it with an SCT X4... and it was a hell of a lot cheaper. There are several vendors selling them with custom tunes to kill the DPF and EGR. I got mine from No Limit Fabrication aka http://www.nolimitdiesel.com

It was like 750.00 vs. 1500.00 for Spartan and H&S granted H&S and Spartan allow you to apparently swap tunes on the fly and have some other nice capabilities.

That sounds good. How many custom tunes does he give you for the $750? Are you using the no limit intake also?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm using the no limit stg 2 intake, egr full delete, SCTX4 tunes with Innovative tunes, and a 4" ss proflow delete pipe with a 5" magnaflow axle back, also run a H&S upgraded CAC pipe kit. sounds awesome and hauls ass. I run a CTS2 edge setup to monitor as well.. All of this was bought through no limit and was killer package price.

Last edited:

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
That sounds good. How many custom tunes does he give you for the $750? Are you using the no limit intake also?

You get 3 custom tunes that are all EGR/DPF deleted (Tow, Street, and Performance). You also get the canned tunes from SCT that don't turn off any emissions equipment.

My only complaint on the performance and street tunes is that they changed the shift points and shift firmness on the transmission. Its just kind of annoying when your cruising around.

I'm still using the factory intake, I actually just bought the S&B Intake off Amazon, I'll install it this weekend.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Mine came with 4 tunes.. Tow, Street, Race Street, Extreme Race.

I have never ran the extreme race.. I've ran the other 3. Race street is fun, but I didn't buy the truck for it to be fast lol.. It's still slow ahahaha. In the later future I plan on doing a turbo upgrade through Rudy's.. They made a retro kit for the 2015 turbo that is a bit bigger.. Should be able to pull 550rwhp and around 1200rwtq

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread