2014 5.0 bama tune advise needed

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I've never seen a BAMA fan boy before, but if there ever was one... It would be you.

hardly my friend. i just get SO tired of a perfectly good company getting trashed for NO reason.

is there room left in my tune, yep. its conservative for sure. and im sure, no scratch that, I KNOW AED could get me more power.

like ive said before, i WILL get a dyno tune. but for 99.7% of 5.0 owners who bolt a CAI and mufflers on BAMA does a great job. from browsing this section you'd think every bama car was a time bomb.

i conceded that if you want a FULL tune, AED/Lund/JPC/Jesus are all BETTER tuners. for an entry level tune, that WILL make good power and be safe BAMA is great.

as you know, youre not one of the "AED" nutswingers i speak of. im not a bama fanboy, but i will speak up for BAMA and not let every thread in which they are brought up be a ambush.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
hardly my friend. i just get SO tired of a perfectly good company getting trashed for NO reason.

is there room left in my tune, yep. its conservative for sure. and im sure, no scratch that, I KNOW AED could get me more power.

like ive said before, i WILL get a dyno tune. but for 99.7% of 5.0 owners who bolt a CAI and mufflers on BAMA does a great job. from browsing this section you'd think every bama car was a time bomb.

i conceded that if you want a FULL tune, AED/Lund/JPC/Jesus are all BETTER tuners. for an entry level tune, that WILL make good power and be safe BAMA is great.

as you know, youre not one of the "AED" nutswingers i speak of. im not a bama fanboy, but i will speak up for BAMA and not let every thread in which they are brought up be a ambush.

I know, I meant to put a smiley after my response. I had a BAMA tune before Shaun tuned my car and it ran pretty good. I put a lot of miles on the car with the BAMA tune and it just had some drivability problems and after a couple data logs it still had some quirks to it. Plus it doesn't hurt that Shaun is very local to me. :beer:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member

I don't think I am trashing them for no reason...I feel pretty justified in trashing them. If I never had bama tunes on my car and trashed them that'd be one thing. Having had one then the other, I reserve the right to tell it like it is.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
its not the tune that makes the copperhead ecu brick. its simply the flashing process. its happened to many more Diablo customers when loading their tunes.

did you call/email bama and get new tunes? are you purposely leaving out hugh chunks of information to skew your issues. i dunno. it seems to me you had some complications, and frustrated. but it seems like your uninformed. again i dunno.

there are no gimmick, and there are free tune updates. hype and trickery, gimmie a break dude. AM is probably the most upstanding vendor around in the mustang world.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
its not the tune that makes the copperhead ecu brick. its simply the flashing process. its happened to many more Diablo customers when loading their tunes.

did you call/email bama and get new tunes? are you purposely leaving out hugh chunks of information to skew your issues. i dunno. it seems to me you had some complications, and frustrated. but it seems like your uninformed. again i dunno.

there are no gimmick, and there are free tune updates. hype and trickery, gimmie a break dude. AM is probably the most upstanding vendor around in the mustang world.

The only time I've bricked the car, is when the tunes from bama surge. The car bricks trying to return to stock from the tunes that surge like crazy. I always tune the car with air/ac off, radio off, doors closed etc. It fails to load the stock tune, then the car won't start and all the dash lights come on and won't accept another tune or the stock tune. SCT blamed Bama as well when I mentioned what the tunes were doing prior to trying to go back to stock. Car is always returned to stock and tuner updated when I get new tunes.

I data logged 2 times my last time with Bama, they told me the tunes were perfect and the car couldn't run any better. They had blamed my installation of my CAI originally.

Do you really think I wanted Bama to be that bad, just so I'd have to spend another $250? I had nothing against Bama, I ran them for a year and a half. Up until that point, they had managed to fix all issues with their tunes. I was frustrated I constantly had issues with their tunes, but so far too that point they had always resolved them.

Then again, all those tunes were for a 100% stock car, and then a car with an O/R X and they still managed to have trouble, but finally get it tuned ok. The moment I added the Boss IM and the JLT CAI? Was game over, they just failed.

Maybe they were mad I didn't buy the parts from them lol. I got them from another company BNIB for so cheap compared to AM their 6% off was a joke.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I can't say I had ECU bricking issues. If we want to be more specific as far as the issues I had with Bama/American Muscle.

1. It took them 5 tune revisions to finally raise my rev limiter over stock when I had the Boss 302 intake(car had ~93 miles on it at the time of the swap) the entire time.

2. They never remembered to set the tire revolutions to adjust the speedo(more on this soon)

3. When I asked about Ghost Cams they said it caused Detonation and you're an idiot to do it.

4. When asked about opening up additional tune options to compensate for tire size myself and have access to Neutral Rev Limiter they said they will not do it. After several phone transfers I was told it would Void my #8 warranty. I said fine, they still never opened up the options for me.

5. I had surge problems the entire year that I ran their tune. As previously stated 23-25 revisions. Install was to blame. Ironically as per the testament of others Shaun's base tune fixed this instantly.

6. Constantly got locked out of 3rd if I shifted over 7200 rpm, Shaun's tune fixed this instantly.

7. Car randomly died when coming to stop(~10-12 times in that year). Shaun's tune has never done this.

8. Average MPG on a tank with bama 19 MPG Average with AED 21.5

9. When I ordered my suspension they sent the 05-10 d-specs even though the invoice showed 11+

10. When I got the right ones. the Tokico adjuster knob was missing from my Keychain

11. Then 1 of my 20x10 Shelby Razors was missing the Shelby "Emboss" on the spoke they came pre-mounted with tires so I'd expect someone to catch this.

12. This same wheel as well as both 20x9's had awful deformation on the edges of the rim from mounting the tires. 2 additional were to be sent and I was to take in locally to have the tires swapped.(To be reimbursed)

13. The 1st replacement 20x10 also shipped without the Shelby Emboss on the spoke. This was package was also to have the shipping label for the 1st wheel enclosed which it did not.

14. The 2 replacement 20x9's we're to have come with return shipping labels. They did not.

15. The 2nd replacement 20x10 also did not have the Shelby emboss on the wheel came with the original return shipping label that was later expired(So another one had to be sent)

16. The 3rd replacement 20x10 Shows up finally correct! with the remaining return shipping labels. Go have my local tire guy swap all the tires over finally.

17. Just in case you lost count at one time I had 5-20x10 razors and 4 20x9's.

18. I've still yet to be reimbursed my money for paying to have the 3 tires and wheels re-mounted and balanced. It's a lost cause, frankly my time is worth more than continuing to jack with it.

I've spent upwards of $4500 with American Muscle and I refuse to spend another dime, yet I still never have went all front and center and made a rage vendor bash thread. By all rights, I damn well should have.

But yeah, I have no reason to be driven into the the liking of other vendors. I just swing on nuttsacks all day.

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
WOW all i can say is this turned into way more then i was asking for but i supposed i enjoy reading it so thanks everyone...lol from reading all this i can say just the fact the aed requires a data log tells me they understand and care more for our 40k mustangs. i have had alot of dyno tunes in my day and none being mail order tunes, i have always also had F/I cars so data logging was a must. i figure if im spending 400+ why not have the closest thing to a custom dyno tune.
thanks for the info, i will be contacting the tuner of choice in this thread.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
KCSVT, I didn't even go into the crap they have pulled when I ordered product from them. I think OP having decided on AED I will leave it alone, but it just astonishes me.

OP you will love the AED tune.

Funny5.0

Established Member
KCSVT, I didn't even go into the crap they have pulled when I ordered product from them. I think OP having decided on AED I will leave it alone, but it just astonishes me.

OP you will love the AED tune.

I had the Ford Racing tune and it pinged. I removed that tune and my car actually felt stronger lol. Anyway I bought my SCT tuner from Bama since it came with the free tunes even though I knew I was getting the AED tune. I loaded up the Bama 93 Race tune and it pinged as much as the Ford Racing tune! I called them back and they urged me to try the Hybrid race tune. This tune was okay, it had good throttle response and finally no ping. Overall I still wasn't that impressed. Definitely not enough difference from stock to jeopardize your warranty...
I loaded up the AED base tune and it immediately felt stronger and smoother especially 3500k rpm's and up. After some data logging I ended up with the AED performance and have been happy ever since.:beer:

nate714

Established Member
whelp, this display of genius endorsement of bama tunes explains quite a bit about the bama customer demographic :)

Users who are viewing this thread