2014 4 Door Mustang!!!!!!!!!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Already posted in Road Side Pub. Everyone's saying April fools.

5point0guy

Established Member
Didn't R&T try this April's Fools joke before? Maybe it was MT. And I think they could have done a little better job on the Photoshop, too.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
April fools guise. Calm down.

Plus, you really think that wed be hearing it first from Car and Driver (or Road and Track, whatever)? No, we knew more about how the coyote 5.0 motor itself years before the tard****s that tested the whole car from C&D/R&T did the day they first got it.

Pretty sure if a 4dr Mustang was in the works, we wouldve known about it 2-3yrs ago.

From a manufacturing standpoint, you cant simply clap your hands and add two more doors to a chassis engineered for just two, especially not a year before an entirely new chassis changeover.

Though I will say, those photoshops look damn good. Id rock the hell out of that 4dr Mustang. Looks fantastic for a 4dr.

Would be the only way to get the mustang in to NASCAR

They already have the Mustang in Nascar. Its called the Nationwide series....

Drop the 5.0 in the SHO and this problem is solved.

Not even necessary. The current EBv6 is a few factory tweaks away from 5.0 numbers anyways. Im sure 400hp from that combo is in the works for the SHO already.

Not that im apposed to the idea.......IMO the G8's are badass cars and would love to see a 4dr v8 in fords lineup, though like posted in the other thread, the Falcon would be even better than seeing a 5.0 Taurus roaming the streets.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Saw this in the other thread.

Four door muscle cars are what today's consumer wants. Surveys clearly are showing that the 2-door American muscle car variants are fading fast, and the auto manufacturers have taken notice and are swiftly reacting. I just read that GM has 4-door Corvette and 3-door Camaro concepts being announced today, and the rumored Dodge/Chrysler Barracuda will have 4 doors. Dodge also will soon announce that the new Viper will have 4 doors. And Ford adds that if the 4-door GT-500 is a success, they will likely bring back the Ford GT...with 4 doors. It's looking better and better! :)

swordjr24

WNALOSE
Established Member
I wouldn't mind them doing a 4 door & putting the mustang drivetrain in it but call it something like a fairlane or falcon. Don't use the mustang name. I would like a 4 door V8 car though. Sucks if you want a 4 door V8 you have to get a charger or G8 if you want something somewhat sporty & newer.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
It wouldnt be bad if they could do a 4 door like the RX8 is. Its still really sporty and doesnt look like a 4 door at all.

Users who are viewing this thread