2013 Shebly GT500 wins Best Engine award

Slowponycar

Established Member
:rockon: pretty darn cool that we have the best engine and its still not enough power for some of us lol :-D:beer:

SVTKen

Established Member
Very cool! I had a feeling it would place in the top 10, but I didn't think it would win the top spot because of the fuel effeciency. I suppose it's awesome fuel effeciency when you compare to the competition, even those with substantially less power :)

USV8PWR

Established Member
I echo what SVTKen said; I thought we'd probably make the top 10, but #1?!? That is freaking awesome and well deserving especially for those SVT engineer guys and gals! This is a huge honor, not for just SVT but for Ford. They built a world class engine!

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
It eeked in for consideration with a base price just shy of 55k which is the max base price cutoff. It also displaced the Roadrunner from last year's list.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
that's pretty awesome, but you can't put a lot stock into the ward's list. it's generally populated with brand new engines, regardless of whether they are legitimately innovative or impressive. for example, the 3 valve 4.6l from '05 to '08, but, let's be honest here, the 3V was and is an utterly mediocre engine. all the while, the LS2(available from '05-'09) and LS3(available '08+) have been absent from the list. i'm sick of LSx engines as much as the next guy, but those are at least as deserving as the hemi(appearing from '05 to '07 and again in '09) and certainly more so than the anemic 3V.

ObieFox

Established Member
Very cool. I also just bought my wife a new Range Rover Evoque and it uses Ford's 2.0 Direct Injected EcoBoost. Looks I own 2 of the top 10 engines!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread