2013+ Roush chin splitter people.

vortecd

Established Member
I think everyone that has one fail needs to contact Roush. If there enough failures than they will look into it more and make a fix

Nuar

Established Member
I agree 100%
If you guys do not make them aware of the problem, then they will have no idea it is so common.

D2M

Established Member
Thats exactly what mine looked like. I emailed Roush they told me to send pics, waiting for reply..

D2M

Established Member
Ok, here are the pics of my repair as promised.

This is the bumper material I removed from the Roush J-clips that held the splitter on. This is all that is holding your splitter on, about 3"² of urethane rubber.. hmmmm.

splitterfab01_zps5d5d06ed.jpg

In the following pics you can see the fabricated aluminum retainer on top riveted to the oem bumper with the Roush J-clips installed sandwiching the bumper between the Roush splitter. Only one bolt installed for test fitting but you get the idea, right??
I can push down on this and it is super secure, as it spreads the load over the entire lower bumper. About 1 hour of fab..

P1010061_zpsc0694458.jpg

P1010060_zps02b08ffb.jpg

P1010063_zps95904383.jpg

P1010062_zps4448f7b3.jpg

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Looks great man. Keep us updated over the next few weeks on how its holding up. That includes breaking the speed limit quite a bit ;)

I really want to get this splitter.

Last edited:

D2M

Established Member
So far everything is perfect. If this comes off now its taking the whole front bumper with it. BTW, this is the reply i got from Roush; "Our engineering has not tested for the high speed track, it is unknown what would fail during long periods of time on the track. We have not seen this issue come up with our production or engineering vehicles."

Nuar

Established Member
Woooow, way to go Roush.
Make a part for daily driven cars and don't test it in high wind scenarios... makes perfect sense... tool bags.

glad to hear its holding up well though.

toomnymods

Established Member
all it's going to take is one fatality caused by this pos splitter coming off at highway speeds or during a high speed run and i can forsee it turning in multimillion dollar lawsuit. Thier lazyness and ignoring the matter will not make it go away. it's only a matter of time till someones splitter rips off the underpan it attaches to and goes under the front or rear tires causing the whole vehicle to lose control..

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
So far everything is perfect. If this comes off now its taking the whole front bumper with it. BTW, this is the reply i got from Roush; "Our engineering has not tested for the high speed track, it is unknown what would fail during long periods of time on the track. We have not seen this issue come up with our production or engineering vehicles."
Well they don't exactly plan on their street cars to be doing 2x-2.5x the speed limit on publis roads either...and a car doing 150+ on a race track is going to be a full on race car. Heavy front downforce is not exactly something you want when you are making high/top speed runs.

Woooow, way to go Roush.
Make a part for daily driven cars and don't test it in high wind scenarios... makes perfect sense... tool bags.

glad to hear its holding up well though.
See above.

all it's going to take is one fatality caused by this pos splitter coming off at highway speeds or during a high speed run and i can forsee it turning in multimillion dollar lawsuit. Thier lazyness and ignoring the matter will not make it go away. it's only a matter of time till someones splitter rips off the underpan it attaches to and goes under the front or rear tires causing the whole vehicle to lose control..
That won't happen. The force keep the front tires down won't allow for anything to go under them at high speeds. It would either just drag the splitter or turn it sideways and rip it off like what happen to yours and Jalal's.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
This may have already been asked, but has anyone tried to put the gt500 lower splitter and valence onto a 13/14 GT? Surely it can be retrofitted since the bumpers are the same shape?

Nuar

Established Member
Lets not forget about motorcyclists. If one of these splitters tears off at highway speeds entirely, goes under the car and spits out the back at a bike.... yeah... that could cause someone their life.

PC03GT

Established Member
I just had my roush splitter installed 2 weeks ago. So far so good. The piece is far from stout and every time I go over 110 I get nervous as shit about iit ripping apart. I wish I would of did the rtr or boss 302 splitter just so I wouldn't have to worry.

Nuar

Established Member
Just do the little reinforcement that wad posted a little bit earlier in this thread. I still plan to get that splitter.

D2M

Established Member
Update: Did a track day this past Sunday at a very high speed circuit. All is good, splitter is very solid..

Users who are viewing this thread