2013 Red GT-500 at Lou Fusz

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Saw this today at Lou Fusz in St. Louis when I went in to pick up a new service truck.

It is used, 700 miles, they want MSRP for it ($67K) and would not budge. I was not specifically ready to buy, but if the price would have been better I would have bought it. Just can not see that for used. Opinions?

shelby_zpsf673fdd0.gif

E

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I see some great 2013s for sale on this forum for 60K and up. I wouldn't pay MSRP for a used car. You may as well order a 2014 for that price.

USV8PWR

Established Member
OP...IF this is THE car of your dreams (the color, convertible, etc.) I suggest you don't let a couple thousand dollars get in the way of that. If you can order a 14, and get what you want, go for it. However, I don't believe these 13/14 cars will depreciate much and will likely appreciate after several years. Only 8K are being built between 13/14 which is less than half of all the Terminators they built in 03/04. And Ford will likely not top this model for a long time. Additionally, folks on here are modding their cars like crazy, sending them overseas and we've seen several wrecked. Last, many folks like me won't let go of their 13/14 GT500's for any price. This should all lead to a price squeeze.

So again, if it's not exactly what you want...let it go. If it is exactly what you want, jump on it!! My .02

sedanman

Established Member
Usv8pwr, I disagree with you thoughts on value. The 2016 is suppose to have a 5.0 ecoboost which will be as much power in what is suppose to be a lighter car. Today's cars just don't have the collectability in any kind of short term (sub 20years).

OP buy what you want because its what you want, but to think what we have are collectors items are absurd.

itSSlow98

Established Member
OP...IF this is THE car of your dreams (the color, convertible, etc.) I suggest you don't let a couple thousand dollars get in the way of that. If you can order a 14, and get what you want, go for it. However, I don't believe these 13/14 cars will depreciate much and will likely appreciate after several years. Only 8K are being built between 13/14 which is less than half of all the Terminators they built in 03/04. And Ford will likely not top this model for a long time. Additionally, folks on here are modding their cars like crazy, sending them overseas and we've seen several wrecked. Last, many folks like me won't let go of their 13/14 GT500's for any price. This should all lead to a price squeeze.

So again, if it's not exactly what you want...let it go. If it is exactly what you want, jump on it!! My .02

Your absolutely insane if you truly believe these cars will appreciate in value over the next few years. There is honestly nothing special about the car besides it comes with more horsepower then they have before. It will not be a collector car in the future either no matter how hard you try to believe it.

Not talking down on the car because they are awesome but people are overpaying for the cars.

blamb0912

Established Member
Agree with sedan man and itsslow...no way they will appreciate. If they won't budge on a TITLED USED car let em keep it...I've seen a few STOCK 13's for sale on here at a very fair price. Agree with the op...for that price order a 14. Good luck!

slingshot

Established Member
1) It's a vert
2) It's used
3) It's not like they're building 500 a year...

It will depreciate. Period. It may depreciate at a lower rate than other cars, but it will depreciate.

USV8PWR

Established Member
1) It's a vert
2) It's used
3) It's not like they're building 500 a year...

It will depreciate. Period. It may depreciate at a lower rate than other cars, but it will depreciate.

Yeah, you're right...they didn't build only 500 of them. But Ford did build ONLY 850 GT500 convertibles for 2013. And they will probably only build about 500 to 600 convertibles for 2014. :poke:

The reason most cars of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's have depreciated so much is because the new cars are so much better performing, more refined, and a lot more powerful. A 95 Cobra doesn't have the power a V6 Mustang has today and Ford built almost 19,000 03/04 Cobras which their stock performance and horsepower have been eclipsed by the regular 2011 to 2014 Mustang GT (which also has more features). That's why the cars are depreciating. Now IF the next gen Mustang Cobras, Shelbys (whatever they will call them) come out and they whip the 13/14 Shelby in performance and horsepower than yes they will depreciate. Although probably not as much due to the number produced. Again, Ford is only building roughly 8K of these cars...not 19K like they did of the Cobra in 03/04 and those cars have held their values pretty well considering. :rockon:

But anyway my 13 is off the market. And now, as I said before, already several have been wrecked, extremely modded, had their original motors blown up, and some were sold overseas. If the demand for these cars stays the same or increases, while the supply shrinks, prices will go up.

Last edited:

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
MSRP with 700 miles?

Just some food for thought, here are the downsides, if it's been titled you're paying first owner pricing for a second owner title and you don't know what those first 700 miles might have been like.

R1Lello

Established Member
Yeah, you're right...they didn't build only 500 of them. But Ford did build ONLY 850 GT500 convertibles for 2013. And they will probably only build about 500 to 600 convertibles for 2014. :poke:

The reason most cars of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's have depreciated so much is because the new cars are so much better performing, more refined, and a lot more powerful. A 95 Cobra doesn't have the power a V6 Mustang has today and Ford built almost 19,000 03/04 Cobras which their stock performance and horsepower have been eclipsed by the regular 2011 to 2014 Mustang GT (which also has more features). That's why the cars are depreciating. Now IF the next gen Mustang Cobras, Shelbys (whatever they will call them) come out and they whip the 13/14 Shelby in performance and horsepower than yes they will depreciate. Although probably not as much due to the number produced. Again, Ford is only building roughly 8K of these cars...not 19K like they did of the Cobra in 03/04 and those cars have held their values pretty well considering. :rockon:

But anyway my 13 is off the market. And now, as I said before, already several have been wrecked, extremely modded, had their original motors blown up, and some were sold overseas. If the demand for these cars stays the same or increases, while the supply shrinks, prices will go up.

You are in dreamland.......gt500- 8th year in its ultra rare production. Good luck

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
These cars are only ultra rare when a dealer is trying to sell them. Try to trade it in and they change their tune. "oh there are tons of these GT500s out there, I can only give you 30K for trade in"

dom418

Established Member
Agreed with the above posts. New 13's can be had at below msrp, used are selling on here for way less. It's still a mass produced car, it will depreciate, although not as great as other cars, but that's always been the case with SVT products. The next gen cobra will be better than the current model, look how much has improved since the 07 model.

Hwy. Chile

Established Member

Demand got '13s and '14s will not increase at a price point of MSRP or above for a very very long time.

BTW, Car & Driver recently published rumours that the top next gen Mustang will have a twin turbo 5.0.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
You are in dreamland.......gt500- 8th year in its ultra rare production. Good luck

slightly off topic but RARE is a 2012 Boss 302 LS:burn:...750 made...sh1t even the 2012 Boss 302 is rare compared to the GT500! Not only have they had a 8 year run on the 500, but they make over 5000 per year. 40,000+ Shelby GT500's made vs approx 1500 Boss LS and 7000 Boss 302:beer:

On topic... I am looking for either another 12' Boss in White or Yellow with Recaro/Torsen or a 11' or 12' GT500 with Recaro's in Gray, White, or Kona, with low miles (less than 5,000) and stripe delete if it has anything other than black stripes:banana:

12C/OBoss

Established Member

slightly off topic but RARE is a 2012 Boss 302 LS:burn:...750 made...sh1t even the 2012 Boss 302 is rare compared to the GT500! Not only have they had a 8 year run on the 500, but they make over 5000 per year. 40,000+ Shelby GT500's made vs approx 1500 Boss LS and 7000 Boss 302:beer: and that's over the ENTIRE production run!!!!!!!!!!!

On topic... I am looking for either another 12' Boss in White or Yellow with Recaro/Torsen or a 11' or 12' GT500 with Recaro's in Gray, White, or Kona, with low miles (less than 5,000) and stripe delete if it has anything other than black stripes:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread