2013 Rear Bumper on a 2012

NickG

Established Member
Will a 2013 rear bumper fit on a 2012 mustang? im wanting to do the bumper and taillights.

5ohpowa

Established Member
If you do both yes. The 10-12 taillights come down to more of a point and would hit a stock 13 bumper. So do both or do the taillights first, there will be a slight gap underneath until you get the updated bumper

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
fit is relative. the ugly ass 10-12 light come to a awkward and HIDEOUS point. this will interfere with the classy and sexy ass of the 13, where the taillights were mercifully restyle and that point is gone.

Laztug

Established Member
fit is relative. the ugly ass 10-12 light come to a awkward and HIDEOUS point. this will interfere with the classy and sexy ass of the 13, where the taillights were mercifully restyle and that point is gone.

Lights were the only good thing ford did to the rear for 2013.
Why they would deform the rear bumper is beyond me.:bored:

twistedneck

Established Member
Lights were the only good thing ford did to the rear for 2013.
Why they would deform the rear bumper is beyond me.:bored:

Don't fall for the new is better.. I've stared at so many 13's now the 10-12 seem to allow my eyes to relax in back. and the 13 front end looks real bad, if the hid's looked bad enough on the 12, on the 13 those whiskers are stale already IMO the 10-12 was the best of the s197.

5ohpowa

Established Member
^^this guy must be kidding? A 2010-2012 gt has more textured plastic crap than a base model kia! The hid's in the older cars look like a old dogs eyes with cataracts. The new hood(which is actually different than a v6) looks better and the "gt500 styled" upper half of them bumper looms way better than the semi gloss plastic crap in the old car. Only ugly thing on a 2013 is the tag surround trim. Only way to make the old cars look right is the gt/cs lower valence and grille delete.(which everyone has along with rtr replicas) give it time, their is hardly any aftermarket restyling parts for the 2013.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
2013 front over the 2012 all day
2012 rear is better than the 2013

My $.02, everyone has an opinion. Its theirs, who cares if nobody else agrees

5ohpowa

Established Member
I would have agreed with you guys on the rear being ugly on the 13 until i saw the lights on at night. Pretty much sold me over the 12. Ive had 3 11-12 owners at a get together today ask me if they'd fit theirs lol

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Looks are subjective. I cant stand what they did with the 13s. The tails area a nice touch but to say the 12 look more low rent is just a biased opinion. Calling the 10-12 hideaos and the 13 classy and sexy is borderline ignorant. We all like what we like. The 13 front is too long IMO so thats why i havent traded my 11. Different strokes.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Looks are subjective. I cant stand what they did with the 13s. The tails area a nice touch but to say the 12 look more low rent is just a biased opinion. Calling the 10-12 hideaos and the 13 classy and sexy is borderline ignorant. We all like what we like. The 13 front is too long IMO so thats why i havent traded my 11. Different strokes.

i agree. the 13 looks like a boat and a fake shelby. wait till all the painted trim is chipped up

hand-filer

Established Member
I remember when the 05-09 guys were all over the 2010 and how ugly they were. Well whenever I see an 05-09 on the road I can't help but think to myself, hey that car looks like it has Bushwacker fender flairs on it.
The 10-13's are the best of the best.

Sublime302

teamROVOS
Established Member
I love car forums

you know what looks better than your car? my car

HAHAH great one...

Im not biased because i have a 2004....

BUT if i had to say. i love the sleekness of the 2012 style, the 2013's do seem more "boxy". i would gladly take either year honestly. i do love the 2013 options for interior and exterior.

i would agree with most saying i love the 2012's, but with painted to match body parts like the 2013's have. the 2013's taillights. then it would be perfect.

5ohpowa

Established Member
Damn 12s are nicer than 13s because my painted parts will get chips? Nice lets post that in the terminator forums so they can all have their rockers sprayed with bed liner lol.
2013 standard leather wheel, standard h.i.ds with l.e.d fogs. No more textured honds rockers and trim. Available track aps,optional boss302 differential,radiator, oill cooler and recaros. Get off your hater-ade man everyone i run into loves the car including all my buddies with pre13s

DKrazyKracker32

Established Member
After first seeing a 13 I was even more happy with my purchase. I like the looks of the hood, and the track apps are neat along with the recaro's but otherwise I'm not the biggest fan. The painted skirts to make the car look fat to me and I'm not digging the bumper treatment or the whole idea of using the gt500 styled grille surround.

Last edited:

RioRed4v

Established Member
i agree. the 13 looks like a boat and a fake shelby. wait till all the painted trim is chipped up

so true. Could have easily gone with a '13 but the front end bugged me (aside from factory HID's) along with it looking like a tank. The '13 has some perks, but if you could toss the '13 tailights, POSSIBLY the hood, on a '12 it would be perfect. To me the tails are the best part of the '13's.

Users who are viewing this thread