2013 OEM HID into 10-13 Non-HID Harness

borkowski059

Established Member
Jtolan23 I'm in the same boat as you. Ordered a harness on August 6 then after a week found this thread. At this point I'm debating to dispute the charge.

jtolan23

Established Member
Anyone heard from tuxedo at all???? If not does anyone know of another way to make this conversion easily???

GTstyles2

Established Member
Anyone heard from tuxedo at all???? If not does anyone know of another way to make this conversion easily???

The only plan B I know is the conversion from halogen to HID for 10-12s... Unfortunately I don't know a solution for 13-14s

Last edited:

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
I'm in the same boat. Been wanting these and you get excited reading to page 7, then after that things go downhill and he hasn't responded to anything since May. Trying to find the oem headlamp connector, and the rest should go smoothly. If someone can point me in the right direction i can do a DIY write-up, and work with The Retrofit Source to offer these professionally like they do the 10-12 Mustang HIDs.

jtolan23

Established Member
Well looks like I'm stuck with 2 headlights, bulbs and ballasts. Thank god this guy told me he sent the harnesses well over 2 months ago!

jtolan23

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. Been wanting these and you get excited reading to page 7, then after that things go downhill and he hasn't responded to anything since May. Trying to find the oem headlamp connector, and the rest should go smoothly. If someone can point me in the right direction i can do a DIY write-up, and work with The Retrofit Source to offer these professionally like they do the 10-12 Mustang HIDs.

If you can do that, that'd be awesome! There's a guy on mustang source who did the project himself and I was considering doing it the way he did. It is a little more complicated, but he seems to have had success with it.m I have part #s for harnesses if you need them

borkowski059

Established Member
Well I called the retrofit source in reference to a harness for 2010 halogen to factory hid but they do not have a harness for the mustang only for the f-150 and the plugs are apparently different and won't work.

jtolan23

Established Member
Well I called the retrofit source in reference to a harness for 2010 halogen to factory hid but they do not have a harness for the mustang only for the f-150 and the plugs are apparently different and won't work.
so looks like that isn't an option. Again there's a post I made on mustang source that a member lexion replied to with ideas on what to do. It would involve adding a small fuse box with spaces for relays, and using the factory harnesses from ford.

GTstyles2

Established Member

On the anything coyote page, someone did make the F-150 kit work, but this is for the 10-12 4pin kit only

RAEID

Established Member
image.jpeg

Installation complete

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Since tuxedo is Mia I'm going to try and put together a harness over the holidays for everyone. I'll post an update in this thread. Anyone in Houston interested in having their car for a Guinea pig?

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
Since tuxedo is Mia I'm going to try and put together a harness over the holidays for everyone. I'll post an update in this thread. Anyone in Houston interested in having their car for a Guinea pig?

Gonna call it the #YDBW harness

RAEID

Established Member
You dont have to buy from tuxedo
Just buy the 16 pin, switchback for the high and low beam, signal light adapter and go to a good retrofitter
Just like what I did
The installation took less than 2 hours

DarkHorse305

Established Member
You dont have to buy from tuxedo
Just buy the 16 pin, switchback for the high and low beam, signal light adapter and go to a good retrofitter
Just like what I did
The installation took less than 2 hours

Can you write up some detailed instructions and a list of required parts?

RAEID

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread