2013 mustang track app oil?

Nitrolaz

Established Member
i DON'T MEAN TO START ANOTHER OIL THREARD BUT I HAVE A QUESTION. MY 2013 MUSTANG GT TRACK APP HAS A 5W20 ON THE OIL CAPS, WHILE THE OWNERS MANUAL CALLS FOR 5W50. WICH OIL GRADE OIL SHOULD I USE?
WHEN I GO ON AMSOIL THE WEB SITE ASK ME FOR MY ENGINE CODE (F) AND IT RECOMENDS 5W20? LIVE IN MIAMI (BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC+HOT WEATHER). ANY SUGGESTIONS?

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
Track app and track pack are two completely different things. It sounds like you have a GT Prem that requires 5w-20 from factory. 5w-50 is for track pack cars. It really all based on "intended use". Anyways, I run Amsoil SS 10w30 in my FL car. Do some searching. There are a billion threads on this. Im sure UnleashedBeast will chime in soon for ya.

Nitrolaz

Established Member
Whats the difference?. Mine has the 3:73, Brembo, Torsen diff, and all that. Is there another version for this cars?

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
Whats the difference?. Mine has the 3:73, Brembo, Torsen diff, and all that. Is there another version for this cars?

M6 or A6? And like the above post says, is the housing black? If your oil cap says 5w20, its not a track pack car. Track apps is a prem option. Either way, use the search. There are tons of threads in here covering this topic.

Nitrolaz

Established Member
M6 or A6? And like the above post says, is the housing black? If your oil cap says 5w20, its not a track pack car. Track apps is a prem option. Either way, use the search. There are tons of threads in here covering this topic.
Sorry for the ignorance but. What's an A6 and M6? How can I tell. On my window sticker say Torsen and 3:73 equipped.:dw:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Sorry for the ignorance but. What's an A6 and M6? How can I tell. On my window sticker say Torsen and 3:73 equipped.:dw:

Easiest thing to do is post your VIN or a pic of your window sticker.

The Track Pack would be an option listed on the Sticker for about $2,400 or so. 3.73's can be added to any car by the dealer or a factory ordered car. I believe the Torsen can to without having to purchase the entire track pack option.

The track pack includes Brembo Brakes, wheels, 3.73's, Torsen Diff, Boss radiator, tuned suspension, etc.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Track app and track pack are two completely different things. It sounds like you have a GT Prem that requires 5w-20 from factory. 5w-50 is for track pack cars. It really all based on "intended use". Anyways, I run Amsoil SS 10w30 in my FL car. Do some searching. There are a billion threads on this. Im sure UnleashedBeast will chime in soon for ya.

+1. Same oil I use in my '12 GT/CS and '13 Shelby without any issues.

Nitrolaz

Established Member
Sooo, yes confirm. My car is a GT Premium with 3:73. So I guess I should use the 5W20 that say on the oil cap... You guy think I should go with Amsoil 10W30 instead.. Any thoughts??

fivepoint0nick

Established Member
I went with Royal Purple 5w-30 in my 5.0 after standing in the autozone oil section for like 30 minutes doing research lol. From what I saw most people went with RP, amsoil or Mobil 1. You'll hear both sides from every thread but I ended up going with the RP since its available at auto stores and also has a good track record :thumbsup:

Blackmagic1

Established Member
Track Pack (which my car has) also comes with the Boss oil cooler too.Which adds another 1/2 qt of oil I have been running the Amsoil Sig 10w30 here in AZ with no probs.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
IMHO, people just get frickin ridiculous with all the oil talk. Motorcraft 5/20 semi synthetic is great oil. The 5/50 full synthetic recommendation is based on people racing the car with constant high rpm operation. (From what I was told from a long time Ford service advisor). I suspected the trackpack cars might share some Boss internals, but that's not the case. I plan to run the 5/20 Motorcraft, its' a daily driver and I might visit a road course a couple times a year. I've been a service advisor for 15 years and the ONLY engine issues I've ever come across that had anything to do with oil was lack of oil changes.
These are my opinions and maybe some of you automotive engineers will disagree, but all I deal with are people and their cars. I only know what I've seen to be true. With the quality of machining and technology in newer engines, the key is just making sure you change the oil with something that meets the manufacturers requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread