2013 mustang mt-82 to 6r80 swap

Adonis Tijerina

Established Member
Hello guys I've been thinking about swapping out my transmission from stick to auto kinda tired of it
i have knowledge of more or less what is needed from other thread on here but would like
to know i found a 2012 v6 mustang and the guy is selling me the transmission and anything else that i need from it at a very low price but would like to know is there a problem since mine is a 2013 and this model comes out with the select shift? can anyone help me out

or do i actually need one off a 2013 gt to be on the safe side?

KPatrone

Established Member
From what I understand, you would just not have the select shift option if you do not get a 13-14 trans. I was able to use a trans out of a 5.0 f150 rwd on my 11 GT, just needed a new housing (about $350) and these transmissions do not catch as high of a price as the mustang ones. If you get a v6, replace the clutch packs and intermediate shaft while you are at it to alleviate any power concerns. The mounting bosses should be the same on the 13-14 gt/v6 as well, just not 100%. I'm sure someone else can verify that aspect, however. Good luck and enjoy!
If your budget allows, call Chris as circle D and get a converter on there while the trans is already out. You will definitely appreciate the difference it makes.

Users who are viewing this thread