2013 lower fogs at a ridiculous price!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
You have to pull the entire front bumper cover off to install them. The existing bezels can be a PITA getting them out.

Ultrakla$$ic, I know I'm slow. Haha. I've just had other things to occupy my time. I was trying to find a way to work out a relay, but finally decided to say F it and just run the grill and heads together and fogs as fogs on their own circuit.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
You have to pull the entire front bumper cover off to install them. The existing bezels can be a PITA getting them out.

Ultrakla$$ic, I know I'm slow. Haha. I've just had other things to occupy my time. I was trying to find a way to work out a relay, but finally decided to say F it and just run the grill and heads together and fogs as fogs on their own circuit.

Jus messin witcha homey! I'ma cancel until I can get a better grasp on this wiring option. I don't want to blow my unit up just yet. :D

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Jus messin witcha homey! I'ma cancel until I can get a better grasp on this wiring option. I don't want to blow my unit up just yet. :D

Should just be able to upgrade your fuses and maybe add an inline fuse between each of the components (one between headlight tie in and grill lights, one between head light tie in and fog lights)

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Upgrading only the fuses assumes the wire diameter is sufficient to take the load of 2-sets in series.. I like the safety factor of adding in relays, just not a fan of adding wiring unless necessary.

I'll check the amp draw of the stock upper fogs tomorrow, shouldn't be too much being LED.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Upgrading only the fuses assumes the wire diameter is sufficient to take the load of 2-sets in series.. I like the safety factor of adding in relays, just not a fan of adding wiring unless necessary.

I'll check the amp draw of the stock upper fogs tomorrow, shouldn't be too much being LED.

Yeah, forgot about that. Stock wires are small, as always, so relays would hurt. Just sucks because getting to the wires going into the headlight may require removing the headlights....

I plan to eventually run HIDs in my lower fog lights, so that's why I'm putting them on their own.

Last edited:

turd burglar

Established Member
I'm installing mine once my billet grilles come in. I'm gonna use those quick taps and run em off the existing fogs so they (hopefully) both come on whenever i pull the fog switch out

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I'm installing mine once my billet grilles come in. I'm gonna use those quick taps and run em off the existing fogs so they (hopefully) both come on whenever i pull the fog switch out

Exactly what I had in mind. PLEASE post pics and details! I'm ready to do this mod but what some more insight.

:beer:

joey289

Established Member

I am going to do this too. I know it is illegal but I doubt the cops will really waste their time on that.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I am going to do this too. I know it is illegal but I doubt the cops will really waste their time on that.

Just tell them if they want to harass you for having additional lighting to see better, they can go after the douchebags driving around with 12000K HID lights blinding the shit out of everyone.

joey289

Established Member
Just tell them if they want to harass you for having additional lighting to see better, they can go after the douchebags driving around with 12000K HID lights blinding the shit out of everyone.
Apparently the stock 2013 foglights on this car are blinding everyone too lol!

dormeas

Established Member
Looks like it, but if rather save the extra $120 and just strip and splice some wires. :poke:

True. And I found an install video for this kit on CJ Pony Parts that showed still having to splice wires.... guess the pic a description is wrong. Unless the kit has been updated with the correct plugs.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Not trying to pic whore, but I figured I would add some better quality pictures of my lights installed than the ones I have posted above on this page.

8446553378_c9be3973a4_c.jpg

8446554266_c434f30934_c.jpg

8445451037_03670598f1_c.jpg

Last edited:

macbar13

Established Member
Finally had the chance to install mine today, but as others haven't wired them up yet. Going to try to do it tomorrow. For now I'm going to run a separate relay and just have the lower fogs come on with the headlights and leave the stock grille fogs wired as is. Eventually, I want to remove the grille fogs and install hella driving lights.

As DirtyD88 stated, getting the exisiting plastic panels out of the bumper takes a little persuasion. I had to beat the crap out of them with a rubber hammer. The fogs install easily after that. Just have to make sure you beat them from the backside and that they are seated all the way before putting the screws in.

Pics of mine...

13GTfog.jpg

turd burglar

Established Member
Glass might crack with 55w bulbs and they were more for looks over just the plain inserts. They'll stand out more once i get my grilles on and the upper fogs are hidden

Users who are viewing this thread