2013 headlights install

DaBigBone

Established Member
They'll fit but the wiring harness will need to be changed / modified.

Why are you wanting 11 headlights on a 13 out of curiosity?

Angry50

Established Member
well plenty of people would trade lol. I know of people putting 13 HID lights on 11-12. think there is an adapter if you had HIDs but I thought they where the same.

scott_0

Established Member
Ive never heard of anyone going backwards with the headlights, the harness would be the issue, I dont even know if theres a harness available.......

F.D.Sako

Established Member
You could make your own harness with a relay, and tap the relay to the battery and headlight switch. You'll need to find awiring diagram, or do some voltage testing.

Did something happen to the car and you want to fix it yourself and not report it to ins? Because that's the only reason that I can think of for going backwards. If so, I'd shop around on eBay or call jinkyards for a '13 headlight.

willief23

Established Member
I know this is an old thread but I will help spread info I have found on lights etc. Led lights are good for close range and start to die further out you go unless you get a really good brand of led lights. For me on fog lights leds worked better then the halogen bulbs and I used Hikari Philips Lumileds 12000lm version they are 89.99 on amazon.
If you want to use hids in your headlights which are still brighter then leds then do it proper and get projectors that are made for hids. If you just put hids in the stock halogen housing you will scatter light everywhere blind oncoming traffic and get a ticket. I went with hid retrofits in my 2012. The hid retrofit had more width and shined more usable light on the road then my old halogen headlights with led fog lights on at same time. You will end up spending around $800-$1300 on parts and labor but you will have halos and a painted headlight for the cool factor on top of the bright lights.

You can get the parts from www.theretrofitsource.com/ or www.lightwerkz.net/index.php/
The brightest hid bulbs are the osram cbh and cbb bulbs as well as the Philips 85122 XV2 Xtreme Vision bulbs. The best projectors which affect the overall width and how far the light shines out are the d2s 4.0 projectors. the g5-ex and the g5-exl projectors. All of those projectors fit in the 11-14 mustangs and should fit in the 15-18 as well.

If you have any questions just ask I did a crap ton of research on hid retrofits in march/april.

Kustom54 lighting located in southern cali (oxnard) can do the labor work of installing the parts and painting the headlight housing. His name is Pavel and number is 805-258-8010 and has the best prices of all the retrofit websites I contacted and he did the work on my headlights.

Thats my headlight painted to match my car with mini d2s 4.0 projectors with halos around the projector.

The minimum parts you need for a working light is hid bulbs, hid projectors, hid ballast (which turns the bulbs on) and hid relay harness. Dont buy cheap ebay shit as well for the bulbs and ballast as they will flicker, randomly turn off or die on you quick.

Attachments

• IMG_08681.jpg
    IMG_08681.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread