2013 GT500s Testing at Road Atlanta and Commerce

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
More pics on pages 4, 5, and 6.:beer:

I swear I saw a white with red stripe '13 GT500 heading towards road Atlanta so I went home, got my Roush and headed up there. The woman at the gate did say a white gt500 had came in within the past 30 min so I asked if I could stand by the fence and watch but she decline as there are NASCAR teams in here along with Ford. I am going to drive up the road to see if I can get a look at part of the track. If anyone has any ties with RA and can get me in to watch PLEASE let me know!

EDIT 5/16 I ended up waiting at Road Atlanta to see if the car would come back out. After about 20 min I heard a rumble and saw a blue GT500 with 2 guys in it come flying out and take off up the road. I took off after them and eventually caught up at a red light where they proceeded to turn and then pulled off the side of the road. I pulled up next to them and had a nice 10-15 min chat. I asked if I could take pictures and the passenger said sure (I did not get out of my car). I asked if they were doing any timed laps and he said no, they were there for a media event only. I asked him if there were any times going to be posted from the Nurburgring and he said they were over there for testing only. He then asked if I had heard much about the car and I said yes, I've read a lot about it on svtperformance. I asked what he thought of the ZL1 and he didnt really answer, I did mention that the ZL1 had posted times at the track and strip and asked if they thought the new GT500 would beat those times and they both snickered with HUGE grins.

Here are some pictures, taken with my iphone
IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

I also took 2 videos,
The sound in the first video is of my Roush, not the GT500. I apologize for sounding like a 5 year old and how shaky the videos are but damn was I excited to see that car. I dropped my phone in the first video when I noticed they were pulling over so I shut it off.

1st Vid
[youtube_browser]rJErpZEKcyI[/youtube_browser]

2nd vid
[youtube_browser]A2tJxVx0ZTo[/youtube_browser]

Cliff Notes
-Saw a white with red stripe '13 GT500 heading towards Road Atlana, instead of chasing it I went home and got my Roush
-Went to RA where they were getting ready for a media event
-Couldn't watch due to Nascar testing going on
-Waited 20 min in the parking lot and saw a blue GT500 leave RA
-Chased it down, took photos and videos

Edit
Here are pictures from the actual media event today 5/17

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_051.jpg

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_052.jpg

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_053.jpg

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_054.jpg

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_055.jpg

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_056.jpg

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_057.jpg

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_058.jpg

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_059.jpg

2013_GT500_Road_Atlanta_060.jpg

Here are a few videos and the link to more: http://www.youtube.com/user/jheath781?feature=mhee

[youtube_browser]TpHJE2UrQ_s[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]pOiJ5P7V2f0[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]CLM_rbZmujU[/youtube_browser]

More pics on pages 4 and 5.:beer:

Edit 5/18
They are officially done, packing up, and heading out
A special thanks to Jeff Albers, Tom teknos, mike, and Kerry.

A special thanks to Tad Ohtake whom let me hang out with him for most of the day today, I had an absolute blast and you have an awesome job!

I also congratulate the whole design team on a job well done!

Last edited:

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
I swear I saw a white with red stripe '13 GT500 heading towards road Atlanta so I went home, got my Roush and headed up there. The woman at the gate did say a white gt500 had came in within the past 30 min so I asked if I could stand by the fence and watch but she decline as there are NASCAR teams in here along with Ford. I am going to drive up the road to see if I can get a look at part of the track. If anyone has any ties with RA and can get me in to watch PLEASE let me know!

Pics/Vids or it didn't happen

:lol1:

:beer:

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Im pissed I couldn't get a shot of it when I saw it, it had black wheels, over the top stripes, and the stripe along the bottom, I should've followed it! I didn't see the front but I got a great look at the side and rear end

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Im pissed I couldn't get a shot of it when I saw it, it had black wheels, over the top stripes, and the stripe along the bottom, I should've followed it! I didn't see the front but I got a great look at the side and rear end

I believe you. It's about time that the mags should be testing. Are there any car mags with local offices remotely close to there? Not that they couldn't fly in but that might be a clue if it was just Ford or a review being done...

:shrug:

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I can't post pictures from my phone so if someone can pm me their cell I wI'll text them and have you post them, otherwise I can't til tomorrow

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I have to umpire a baseball game in a bit, I sent the pics to 03cobra who will post them, I'll post the videos in the morning

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I had a nice convo with the 2 guys in the car but didn't film that part, I asked if they were getting lap times and they said no, media event only

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Did they bring out any 55 gallon drums.................. or ................ to follow in the footsteps of another OEM, maybe a tanker??

Users who are viewing this thread