2013 gt500 vs built 6.0 trans am

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
my cousin built a 6.0 and slapped it in to a 98 trans am, he suppose to be running mid 11's to low 12's, car sounds amazing it has a big cam, stall, heads, built tranny, fast intake, drag radials..the whole 9. he kept bugging me all day that he wanted to see where he stood vs a 13 shelby:poke:. he thought it would be a good race. ( i will admit that was a lil scared by the way the thing sounded:uh oh:) anyway, RACE 1--we went from a 25 roll and i spinned all the way to 3rd gear :burnout:and still manage to pull like 5-7 car lengths spining like crazy.... RACE 2, i think my tires got nice and warm and oh boy did it hook from a 25 roll!!! i beat him by 10-12 car lengths before even shifting into 4th.. this is my first race and first kill on my beast and what a bada** feeling :dancenana:... i do admit that i granny shifted and had traction control fully on :nonono:.. im not the greatest driver out there so, im respecting the power for now.

Last edited:

LS2GTO

Established Member
So based on the outcome of your races I draw 2 conclusions:

Your buddy does not know how to drive an automatic car.

or

Your buddy has a built and stalled 6.0 and runs 13s with it.

Either way it's pretty sad for that kid.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member

or

Or he just got smoked :shrug:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member

or

I'll have to agree a built LS2 should be trapping 120+ and its lighter also so he should've taken the win or it should have been even in my opinion. Since I wasn't there I'll believe the OP's Story and just end this post with a good kill.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

kaz109

Established Member
Great kill...13 cobra is a absolute monster!!!!! Where do u shift at if u dont mind me asking? Dont know the redline of them

Prototype007

Established Member
Definitely wouldn't imagined that kind of outcome.

Good kill op and good attitude for the defeated friend.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
RACE 1--we went from a 25 roll and i spinned all the way to 3rd gear :burnout:and still manage to pull like 5-7 car lengths spining like crazy

Nice runs!

I know there are different stages of traction control on the newer Shelbys. Forgive my ignorance if there is any, but how did you manage to spin all the way to third with traction control on??

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Learning more about the 13s all the time. I know your winging the 11-12 at 6500 so most keep shifts at 6000-6200. Shifting a 5.8 at 6900 is awesome. Didn't think they could handle that type of rpm.

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
Idk man, the first race the car just spinned those tires bad. the car came out from garage and I waited for the car temp to get up to operational temp. As soon as my 7000 mark lighted up, we took off. I havent messed around with the track settings yet i just turn it on and drive.. also weather was right at 68 degrees. She felt good. 2nd race like I said it hooked like a monster.. it was the first time I went WOT on it, and I'm impressed. can't wait to start modding it.

I also like to add that it was the first race for the TA since the build, he is re-tunning the car on a dyno today. he thinks his first tuner didn't do a good job by the way his car was shifting.. I'd like to wish him the best of luck and hopefully they work out all the bugs.

thanks for all the comments guys.

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member

or

sad, yet so true. its probably a little of both, better get to the dyno...and while the car is there, go get some driving lessons!

Idk man, the first race the car just spinned those tires bad. the car came out from garage and I waited for the car temp to get up to operational temp. As soon as my 7000 mark lighted up, we took off. I havent messed around with the track settings yet i just turn it on and drive.. also weather was right at 68 degrees. She felt good. 2nd race like I said it hooked like a monster.. it was the first time I went WOT on it, and I'm impressed. can't wait to start modding it.

I also like to add that it was the first race for the TA since the build, he is re-tunning the car on a dyno today. he thinks his first tuner didn't do a good job by the way his car was shifting.. I'd like to wish him the best of luck and hopefully they work out all the bugs.

thanks for all the comments guys.

thats a wicked car, i wish i could one! youre a blessed fella, and good kill. you two should run again, and see if theres a different outcome. after he re-tunes it, and definitely after he learns to drive it/becomes more comfortable with it :beer:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good Kill

I agree with most of what's been mentioned, it also sounds like he built it to run from a dig so why is he only doing roll races? Sounds like he would have lost either way but a dig run may have been a better race.

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
Nice runs!

I know there are different stages of traction control on the newer Shelbys. Forgive my ignorance if there is any, but how did you manage to spin all the way to third with traction control on??

Lolol
Must have been competition mode.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread