2013 gt500 tires

iSpencerPro

Established Member
So I am curious to know what tires are good and will work for not breaking loose in the 2013gt500. It will have the Performance package and I'm keeping the wheels as I like them. I see that the stock size is 265/40/19 and 285/35/20.
Some places I've looked at online say that the Michelon Pilot Super Sport will work and some don't. Some people on the forums say yes and some say no. I need the overall answer on what tires to get. I live in SoCal and this will be my daily driver. I need to be able to drive it when the temp is maybe 40(during the winter early morning) and in the rain. I know that the stock tires won't hold up and are not supposed to be driven in this temp. So will the Michelen Pilot SS work or not? will they be good in the rain/cold temp? does it just require a difference size? or is there a better tire that I haven't read about yet?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post.

Send us a PM with the best phone number we can reach you at to discuss your set-up.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Unfortunately there is no tire model that is not going to break loose on the GT500 but a good alternative to the factory tires is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

reason4treason

Established Member
I've used the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP on my 2007 Vette in the SF Bay Area and they were really quite good, year round. I'm sure a non-runflat version of the Pilot Sport could be broken loose with my '13 GT500 but I'm also sure based on my driving habits with my Vette that they won't have me fishtailing if I do a quick 90-degree left from a traffic light like the GYs do on my Shelby if it's 50 degrees out.

The word I use for the stock GYs is "treacherous" 'cause they break loose waaaaaay too easily, even when it's warm outside. When it's 50 or below outside, it's like as if there is an inch of snow on the road.

Overall, I feel like I always need to remember I have GYs on this car and that's a pain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread