2013 GT500 new to me

LuiiSVT13

Established Member
Hey folks,

recently purchased my first V8 American muscle. Reasons behind it, driven all kinds of cars from fwd awd to rwd and I’m no professional by all means but ever since my buddy lend me his boss 302 I started to like these pony cars. I’m into road racing and honestly this shelby can handle its own around some corners. I like the rawness and reminds me a lot of my old corolla’s with the live axle very predictable just with 20X’s the power lol goals are simple mods for now swap the brake fluid and brake pads, mgw shifter (stock is a piece of ****) and tires. In the future maybe some more aggressive wheels but as of right now keep it basic along with a new belt and tensioner because it does have some belt slip. Either way look forward to listening to advice and learning more about these cars even though the crowd is all about the new 2020 GT500. That trinity is something special I believe.

*tried uploading pics but file is to large I’ll update with pics soon.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Hey folks,

recently purchased my first V8 American muscle. Reasons behind it, driven all kinds of cars from fwd awd to rwd and I’m no professional by all means but ever since my buddy lend me his boss 302 I started to like these pony cars. I’m into road racing and honestly this shelby can handle its own around some corners. I like the rawness and reminds me a lot of my old corolla’s with the live axle very predictable just with 20X’s the power lol goals are simple mods for now swap the brake fluid and brake pads, mgw shifter (stock is a piece of ****) and tires. In the future maybe some more aggressive wheels but as of right now keep it basic along with a new belt and tensioner because it does have some belt slip. Either way look forward to listening to advice and learning more about these cars even though the crowd is all about the new 2020 GT500. That trinity is something special I believe.

*tried uploading pics but file is to large I’ll update with pics soon.
Congrats and welcome.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That live axle is a trip, boy!
LMFAO
Yeahhhhhhhh Booooooiiiiiiyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

198dz36sg86rr-jpg.png

LuiiSVT13

Established Member
Hope everyone is doing well sorry for the long delay took off to some training days after posting recently got back and we’ll here are a few pics of when I picked it up and drove it back home to WA.

Attachments

• 0AC72791-DF7A-4173-8CDB-CF6D2D1F6D37.jpeg
    0AC72791-DF7A-4173-8CDB-CF6D2D1F6D37.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 192
  • D48B017A-436C-445F-BD5C-372D66BE7367.jpeg
    D48B017A-436C-445F-BD5C-372D66BE7367.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 191
  • E56D9D57-6219-4A8D-B802-1BA8C52252D0.jpeg
    E56D9D57-6219-4A8D-B802-1BA8C52252D0.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 188

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Grabber Blue with Black stripes. Best look on GT500. Only way it could be better if it had a glass roof.

Congratulations on a beautiful Shelby.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice looking '13 GT-500. Yeah, the Grabber Blue paint with the black stripes is really nice. I like the wheels, too.

Is that your buddy's white Boss 302?

HPLouis

Established Member
I love GB. I had a shot at one when I was looking last year. I had the contract in front of me. 2013, white stripes, etc. The only thing that stopped me was the year. As crazy as it sounds, I really wanted a 14 because I have an 04. If I had an 03, I would have wanted the 13, LOL

LuiiSVT13

Established Member
Very nice looking '13 GT-500. Yeah, the Grabber Blue paint with the black stripes is really nice. I like the wheels, too.

Is that your buddy's white Boss 302?
Yes that’s a freiends ‘12 boss the car that got me buying a pony car lol

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Welcome and congrats on your "new" 500.

You mentioned road racing, you'll find that this car will handle most road courses fairly well. Get some track pads and good brake fluid. Set up the front suspension with some caster/camber plates and do a good alignment and it will do great.

The 13 I had I did up rear suspension, adjusted the alignment and it had no problems on the road courses (I do Mosport twice with the car and Daytona Rolex course (bucket list)). Forgeline wheels and better brakes help it quite a bit.

I started pulling some weight out of it (BMR K member, lightweight lower rad support, lightweight battery) and even on the stock motor it goes great with the lighter weight.

I had stuff lined up for it for more ponies but I pulled the plug and sold off the parts and the car and got into my current ride (19 ZR1). If the Vette didn't come along I would have my Shelby rolling with near 700+RWHP with the lighter weight. Great potential there in these Trinity cars.

Just to let you know, if you want to start down that mod path I still have a new never used PMAS air intake FS in the marketplace, take a look there.

Good luck with the manual 500. *thumbs up*

Tony

LuiiSVT13

Established Member
Sounds like you had it all planned out. Still pretty new to this chassis. Had evos, M’s and other Sportscars but one thing down the line I do plan on getting some ap racing brake kit had my old Brembo burn out on my old evo before going Stoptech. That’s further down right now just taking it one step at a time getting familiar with the car. Rains a lot out here in WA but I have some plans to hit CA for track days and even here in WA when it’s summer. Thanks for some insight on how to go about it. I do plan on working on the front nose area and see how I can decrease some weight. I don’t want to remove interior parts or anything pass the nose area to keep it more balanced. Fully aware this isn’t a 50/50 but getting the front end lighter will definitely assist better handling. Any who I’ll keep you guys posted on future mods.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
You don't really need to touch anything in the interior, I never removed anything interior wise. If you are super serious about dropping some weight for a track event you can remove the pass. seat and the rear seats then put it back after you're done. That doesn't take long to do.

The front end weight reduction is where it's at along with some lighter wider wheels and if you want to splurge a bit 2 piece front and rear rotors will really help to drop some weight out of the car.

This car can't really put down the power that it has stock so why I did suspension first on my car, then drop some front end weight before decideing to add more power (but I never got to that point).

Users who are viewing this thread