2013 GT500 full suspension build along with power mods too.

Myfast70

Established Member
I have a local customer that decided he wanted to toy with and chase down ZR1 Corvettes (and other cars of the same caliber). I got him in touch with Van (from Revan Racing) to solidify his mods that he was after. He has had a full on Griggs Fox Body in the past and had done very well with it on the road courses and decided that was going to be the path for his Shelby build. Once he collected all of the parts he dropped them off along with his Shelby to have me do a full install.

The part he chose were as follows:

BMR front k member
BMR front lower control arms
BMR radiator support
BMR support brace
Revan Racing s/s brake lines (front & rear), Brembo LCF brake fluid and clutch line
Ground control front coil over struts & C/C plates
Front brake pads
Innovators West 10% over drive crank pulley
Ford Racing 65mm t/b
JLT Big Air cold air intake, tube and filter
ARH headers and off road X pipe
Corsa mufflers
Spec P trim clutch & aluminum flywheel
Griggs torque arm
Griggs watts link
Griggs rear coil overs
Griggs anti roll bar
Griggs rear lower control arms w/ relocation brackets
Griggs rear coil overs and rear coil over support brackets
TA rear support cover (I modified to work with his track pack optional cooler and fabbed a new s/s line to make work properly)
NGK TR-6 spark plugs
Torco accelerator

I would like to thank Van for his support and returned phone calls whenever we had questions, he's top notch as always but I'm sure most of you already know that!

So here are the pictures of the build and car they went on

X9dzky1gNfL4UcKSSlpIJ6OvP0u6m04bNnduNKqmcpI

mTWtnUNeWlr65_fRTkoa14NJ4pDHrmiddbVPkHwgV40

oW8qUBhxv0DSx8_P15V_KUuxQUTiRDTvrCbZZojS1RM

K frame removed and making some spare for ARH long tubes
ERFD5U_l1q9NssNEah3F7zhxZ3ipPaf3Lt22QObYxKg

4vqziajccFXHvMSBBzsIz9u4mAqjxJAzsux2A8ayA98

oe7pOCQ5QrfvEwrwY9sz41mST0EBTCabwniV4DzE4Qw

jA0rb009fsrrM4s-SmFfwqbFdKfNldfE2b7CS8m2ItU

PY0v4TyzMD3sIxJcGV5UIC4TiQPCzoXBXguzzNM4VkM

OHVLsDlNB-Q_iKSS6ARntp59ChLQLSd-ujyp6vrIOeE

VlPgCBXe1Gm7w0oA49Re-wuiwIabCFcTsqq2vY2zcM0

zhQwsjSi0D4OsI6-VpO4PsoXGTGhQ2Ehx-LJrn8KdPk

Ke50g_DME20SZxXsUYleZsKNrxHCXPIflZkOLalXmvA

VSlrBKdwBfhuhjJxiDxO2EKCsJvxH7Oa7PpfHQCrL68

0HF7TCmdvMc690yf8-ieYlg75mgAZPF_Ur6mD-ImYY8

0NiEQLs9r1IRIU3LSows9Og1YnZ-stL7B5Ln9Rr_GvE

1FsB8EhhbNlVR_3Z6gcw0l8wsfAKWe4IgYtdGXMLWBA

Sjnerc0biJeLxV97A9TsiiSlNW4um71oGZCyhkxvFUk

Van was right, the stock harness will reach the o2's without extensions, just some creative rerouting was needed
rrgmNJXG541syTfUxqEQHMXoniRp45DFa5buiVj7zN4

19Ivrq2f0GonPtuOjLkb1htXXFOLcEG2aZSgJRv-Sa8

yGu2bLXILSut5Fmih4tkhKSRwlLnyxpX3Yg1DcBt3A0

Modified the rear cover to work with the track pack option. I drilled and tapped the lower drain to 1/2" npt to accept TP suction line/fitting, milled a flat spot for the temp sensor then drilled & tapped proper thread size and used an aluminum crush washer for a leak free seal. Bent up a new 1/2" s/s return line to clear and tig welded a bung to work with the new return fitting and milled cover to clear

y2mXhsYaXHvbdTITLnQclKJB02JBMPCBo3qZ70Wvo44

tAlwLz1R3bdc4Jf3lZ-UjvC6igbda0TrMe-vvec2psc

YagzFbzZqVRdi3ldfC_y0waiUueE0S6ZiH7v00QYp0I

kbEtGtHtX1AJUs9L_Mo5slI5aNk_boapNp28sXtjvXc

I_YOMKh5A26G32mDTijaiJo2zTnQ02t4tsBzEsRVAhQ

VVXca1cBP0GPOYBoC8R7E7Qn_l58F-AJQd9CxGobU28

KYHjKqmpIlH5NjTm4g-G6a6-vbBlY6avby2mOfm4WNg

Stitch welded axle tubes and relocated the vent from factory cover to the top of the axle tube where there was a plug conveniently located
hbMWc3wy7-3snRKEXAck4KKyqM87akbG1FIwQwrrJw4

ewgeIZSKCOjcsR5ThWNdWcQiJxvGIUessUjXDkFM1rY

ZE0smVI0IAtO6T6hPX7InLxNujpbl5uQwynRpP7QTLg

LCbfy027V65-DF5hCF8__fLu0TkgQr1ncd4jr43PM_A

All cleaned & painted
93fieW7uvI4tLBHfClbinJsvLK63F9P5GvxQr4pknRs

toRuwOkHRl-EKBiiBPPFbR5xks-75RqXxsMQ6zJ-Ud8

0GILo5iFk8kbU3vIwB74WGZhyYDIRUibw4QqFatUFEI

5wjS2fwHBc7RFPzam4Q_YK-Od73TFBNFEzSFMAWNEZQ

6p6WegCYFhPDILCxBaHHyCGE_veS6p_iT5-l2V9NsoM

X pipe and exhaust installed, tight squeeze but all fits
xDvNQOWEqAzjl9KV2tcG9R7C6QRbPiecizE9-mRjLtc

Rear brake lines. I tig welded a small piece of s/s to the passenger brake line bracket to hold both electrical connectors on passenger side instead if just using zip ties.
LqcPGYQ9KsZJ9XrImRwSFMbosWuwNIR55fDZkI8Vts0

1bYC80JIkF3GxT77xs5c1scceWHxIaKiWA5b4oPVNRs

Last edited:

Myfast70

Established Member
Sorry guys, I thought I knew how to post pics directly here but things have changed since the last time I've added pics. Please feel free to tell me how to fix so you don't have to click on each link

Last edited:

Myfast70

Established Member
I forgot to mention that we scaled the car before and after the mods and lost a total of 88lbs to boot! It went from 3920lbs to 3832lbs

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You have to place img tags around the photo link or click on the blue "globe" when posting and place the link(s) there, one by one. Your photos may be a bit large however. It does look as though you can link a smaller version of each though.

YagzFbzZqVRdi3ldfC_y0waiUueE0S6ZiH7v00QYp0I

Nice TIG work on those fittings. Regarding welding the axle tubes...I assume you MIG welded there but I have to ask - did you preheat at all?

Myfast70

Established Member
Thanks TOB! I tried using the
after as you did but it shows up with the little box with the line thru it when I do it that way? Maybe pics are too large. Did you resize the pic you posted? If I can;t figure it out in the next day or so then I'll just switch it over to my trusty photobucket page instead.

Thanks for the props. I used a Mapp gas torch to lightly warm up the housing and tube, I usually shoot for 150* or so and then start Mig welding the tube. Stainless and aluminum are my two favorite materials to weld. I rarely ever use the Mig welder any more except for stuff like the cross member mounts, axles tubes and the other on car type stuff. If it's on my bench then my preference is to Tig weld

BMR Tech

Looks very nice! Words cannot explain the handling characteristics on a GT500 with these chassis and suspension modifications.

I would like to add/recommend....that car needs an A-Arm Support brace on it, if it plans on seeing some cornering and braking abuse. I don't like seeing 3800lb cars running around hard corners and braking hard, without a brace connecting the inner A-Arm mounts from side to side. Add some R Comps and it makes it even that much more crucial.

Awesome build!!!

MCDEV

Established Member
The photo embed feature does not seem to work with dropbox. Since the last update I always have to upload stuff to photobucket to embed. :bash:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thanks TOB! I tried using the
after as you did but it shows up with the little box with the line thru it when I do it that way? Maybe pics are too large. Did you resize the pic you posted? If I can;t figure it out in the next day or so then I'll just switch it over to my trusty photobucket page instead.

Thanks for the props. I used a Mapp gas torch to lightly warm up the housing and tube, I usually shoot for 150* or so and then start Mig welding the tube. Stainless and aluminum are my two favorite materials to weld. I rarely ever use the Mig welder any more except for stuff like the cross member mounts, axles tubes and the other on car type stuff. If it's on my bench then my preference is to Tig weld

Dropbox wouldn't allow me to link the photo directly so I right clicked off to the side of the photo and got the address to a smaller version in the name/content box...

IMG.jpg

I agree regarding the welding. Once you TIG, you never want to go back to MIG welding anything except as you noted. TIG is just sooo clean and quiet!

Myfast70

Established Member
Looks very nice! Words cannot explain the handling characteristics on a GT500 with these chassis and suspension modifications.

I would like to add/recommend....that car needs an A-Arm Support brace on it, if it plans on seeing some cornering and braking abuse. I don't like seeing 3800lb cars running around hard corners and braking hard, without a brace connecting the inner A-Arm mounts from side to side. Add some R Comps and it makes it even that much more crucial.

Awesome build!!!

Thank you!! Could you kindly post or PM me a link to the brace you speak of. I wasn't aware of any additional bracing that you had available. Your stuff was top notch!! Very high quality, easy to install and Kelly was great for any questions that I had for him. Thanks for all the help and comments!!

Tires are next on the agenda list. His stock GY's are all cracked so we are trying to warranty out. The car will more than likely run the streets on a set of MPSS's, then a dedicated set wheels & slicks for road race events and another set of big & littles for the strip.

BMR Tech

Thank you!! Could you kindly post or PM me a link to the brace you speak of. I wasn't aware of any additional bracing that you had available. Your stuff was top notch!! Very high quality, easy to install and Kelly was great for any questions that I had for him. Thanks for all the help and comments!!

Tires are next on the agenda list. His stock GY's are all cracked so we are trying to warranty out. The car will more than likely run the streets on a set of MPSS's, then a dedicated set wheels & slicks for road race events and another set of big & littles for the strip.

Thank you for the kind words.

I highly recommend installing this AAS001 before the alignment is done.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index....cleid=20&maincatid=97&catid=279&productid=742

Van@RevanRacing

Really nice work and good installation. I've finally found a GOOD shop in Arizona to do work for my customers in that area.

As you can see through these pictures this is going to to be a nice Street/Strip/Open Track combo. We've go more irons in the fire with this build. Great working with you and I look forward to doing more.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Here is another improvement you should consider.... Delrin bushing for the BMR A-arms.

delrinbushing.jpg

a-armdelrin.jpg

A-arminstalled.jpg

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Here is another improvement you should consider.... Delrin bushing for the BMR A-arms. I had four sets made and they are all spoken for. But I may have some more made if there is enough interest.

I like this, a lot.

Good job David.

Myfast70

Established Member
Thanks for the help with the pics TOB! I finally realized you were using Firefox and found that window. What a PITA to post pics with dropbox, I won't do that again!

Myfast70

Established Member
Thanks! You should see the GN that I'm finishing up now for another customer, should be right at the 1000hp mark with a v6 in it still! I will be doing a couple other cool & fun projects with the GT500 owner after the GN and another Fox body Mustang for another customer are completed. Somewhere in between I need to get the engine back in my personal twin turbo Fox body and get it to the dyno to see how close I can get it to the 1000hp mark.

Users who are viewing this thread