2013 GT500 Cold Weather Tires

UOP Shadow

Established Member
Our 2013 GT500 should be getting here just in time for the cold Chicago winter. We're looking to get some tires so we can drive in clear cold-weather days. We're not looking for snow tires, just tires that we can keep on the car all year and give improved cold weather and wet weather traction.

Our car is mostly a cruiser with maybe a little spirited driving now and then. Won't ever see a track though.

We were looking at the Continental DWS or another all season tire. The stock sizes are:
Front: 265 40 19
Rear: 285 35 20

We want to keep the overall diameter of the tires the same even it means going with a slightly wider or narrower tire.

Looking forward to any suggestions you have. Thanks.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post UOP Shadow and sorry for the delay! I'm not sure how we missed this thread.

The stock wheel and tire set-up on your GT-500 makes it difficult to get into an all-season without having to change the rolling diameter slightly. Send us a PM with your contact information and we would be happy to run over your options over the phone.

Thank you for your patience!

UOP Shadow

Established Member
Got the car last Friday. Saturday morning, we put the Continental DWS all around.
275 40 19 front
275 35 20 rear

The roads were dry Friday when I picked up the car. The Goodyear F1s were nice and sticky. It rained overnight & the temp dropped to 45 degrees F. The drive to the dealership to get the tires installed was like driving my old fox-body on snow. Not too bad as long as I was very careful with the throttle, especially around the corners.

It stormed, DOWNPOURED most of the weekend. Put 200 miles on the car in the rain and did not have any issues with the DWS tires. I like them plenty in the wet. I can't wait for it to dry out so I can see how I like them on the dry pavement.

UOP Shadow

Established Member
Have 3000 miles on the DWS. They've been outstanding in all conditions. Got over 24 mpg on a long road trip.

My only complaint is that they will break loose during spirited shifting even with the traction control on. Nothing like having your rear end breaking loose at 70mph.

Users who are viewing this thread