2013 GT/CS Hellion Twin Turbo Dyno

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Friend of mine was having a Dyno Day at his shop so I figured I would put the car on the rollers and see what it would do. I do all street tuning so I didn't know what it would make.

Very simple combo. 100% Stock Motor and Trans, Hellion Twin Kit, Fore Fuel System, ID1000's, E85, 100% Built and Tuned by me.

Here is the car.
30338446090_b6115bfc66_o.jpg

28792727331_3d9562519a_o.jpg

The engine
28941673906_a6085a0441_o.jpg

The Dyno Sheet

Graph is wastegate spring only, 9 psi, then 10-10.5 psi. Very conservative timing and stopped the pull early at 6800 RPM's.

30028792084_522fbfa7b4_o.jpg

And a video of the dyno from last night. My wife was a little excited at the end. LOL

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks. It has a Lethal 3" O/R Stainless X Pipe and Magnaflow Competition 3" Stainless Cat Back. I also have 3" Stainless Steel Dynomax Race Bullet's where the resonators are.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Thanks. It has a Lethal 3" O/R Stainless X Pipe and Magnaflow Competition 3" Stainless Cat Back. I also have 3" Stainless Steel Dynomax Race Bullet's where the resonators are.

Did the race bullets tone it down a lot? Do you have a before and after?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Did the race bullets tone it down a lot? Do you have a before and after?
I don't have any before and after videos, but with the 3" over axle pipes, there was a drone that was present and I didn't care for it at all. The race bullets were perfect and toned it down to exactly what I hoped it would sound like.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I don't have any before and after videos, but with the 3" over axle pipes, there was a drone that was present and I didn't care for it at all. The race bullets were perfect and toned it down to exactly what I hoped it would sound like.

Ok cool I will have to pick up a set for the v6 then. Accelerating at 2,000-2,500 interior is LOUD. Not much if any drone though.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
+1 on racebullets with 3" OTA. My turbo car is 3" turbo back with magnaflow quads and racebullets...get compliments everywhere

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
what size are the front rims? I kinda like that look and also seems practical vs. the 4.5 inch rims. and wat tires did u opt for both front and rear?

thing looks badass. TQ seems to be a little low. any reason for that?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Awesome stuff. Nice work!
Thank you.

Ok cool I will have to pick up a set for the v6 then. Accelerating at 2,000-2,500 interior is LOUD. Not much if any drone though.
You will love the sound. Tones it down just a bit and sounds much smoother.

Very Nice!

What's it run at the track?
Haven't had it out in a few years. Tried on 20" street tires on 6 psi and only managed a 2.0 60 ft and went 11.3 @ 130 MPH. I am going to put a converter and 2 step in and go back and turn it up some next year. I would like to get it to 9.90 range. Shouldn't be too difficult.

+1 on racebullets with 3" OTA. My turbo car is 3" turbo back with magnaflow quads and racebullets...get compliments everywhere
Yeah, great combo!

Thank you.

what size are the front rims? I kinda like that look and also seems practical vs. the 4.5 inch rims. and wat tires did u opt for both front and rear?

thing looks badass. TQ seems to be a little low. any reason for that?
The front rims are 17X7 with 225/55/17's. They are only a few lbs heavier than the 4.5 and I feel much safer on them. The rear I now have the Mickey Thompson ET/SS 275/60/15's.

I have a very soft tune up in the car now. I am trying to keep the stock motor alive until I build a new motor. I could easily add a bunch more timing in it with the E85, but it already makes enough for my goals so no reason to kill it. When I put the new motor in it will get a more aggressive tune.

hope you have opg and timing gear/balancer
I have an ATI dampner on the car and shift at 6700. No OPG's until I build a new motor.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
yea I'm in the market for some new wheels and I think I'm gonna sacrifice the little extra weight myself for the safety and drivability of the bigger rims/tire combo up front thanx

Users who are viewing this thread