2013+ Front Grilles

Brienna

I was looking at the same grille on AM and took a look at the installation guide that they have posted on their site. It seems pretty simple. Do you know if it would work with the factory MCA grille? I prefer the dark stainless finish but would like to keep my fogs behind the grille. If it's as simple as drilling a couple holes and adding a couple screws/u-nuts then it seems like it would be a piece of cake to do to the factory grille but I'm worried that maybe they don't fit the same way and it wouldn't work.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
I was looking at the same grille on AM and took a look at the installation guide that they have posted on their site. It seems pretty simple. Do you know if it would work with the factory MCA grille? I prefer the dark stainless finish but would like to keep my fogs behind the grille. If it's as simple as drilling a couple holes and adding a couple screws/u-nuts then it seems like it would be a piece of cake to do to the factory grille but I'm worried that maybe they don't fit the same way and it wouldn't work.

not sure what the factory MCA grille is. The install was super easy tho and I'll be putting the fogs back after I get them tinted

Brienna

not sure what the factory MCA grille is. The install was super easy tho and I'll be putting the fogs back after I get them tinted

The install for the AM one did sound easy on the website. I Just hate to order the OEM grille and then find out I can't put the fogs behind it :(

The MCA grille looks like the one you ordered from AM but it's a dark/brushed stainless instead of black. It's like the 2013 CS grille just a different color.

Here's a picture in case you were wondering:

2013-Mustang-Club-Of-America-Beauty-Right-Done-Small.jpg

Surfergeek

Established Member
Just installed the Grille from AM. LOVE it. you can leave the stock fogs in place if you want. I took them out until i can get some tint for them so they will not be noticeable. The lower is designed to be mounted over the stock honeycomb but I didnt want the chance you could see it so I fabricated a bracket to mount it with the lower grille removed.

SAM_1786.jpg

SAM_1787.jpg

I just found those on AM while looking for grills for my 13 GT where I could increase cooling capacity and retain fogs.

Looking for an alternative to the Roush Grill that will retain the factory fog lights and let more air through the upper and lower.

Having worked with these and seen them in person, in your opinion, is there sufficiently more airflow coming through here than the stock honeycomb?

I know the Roush claims 40% higher airflow and Boss drivers have seen reductions in temps on the track by switching to it, and the Boss has no fogs to start with, just openings.

I presume this is fairly equal to the Roush in the air it lets through?

Users who are viewing this thread