2013 BOSS Hellion TT

D.T.R

Established Member
That car looks so good.
Are you running open mid pipe, or what does your exhaust consist of?

BUCKET

Established Member
Would like to thank Blow By Racing for all the help with the fun. We are in talks now to figure out direction of the madness.

Last edited:

Dave_6

Established Member
Jesus your car sounds good! The turbos combined with the popping on decel makes it sound like something from Le Mans. :)

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Would like to thank Blow By Racing for all the help with the fun. We are in talks now to figure out direction of the madness.

:beer:

Always a pleasure bud. Even at the gas station for 20minutes on my way home. Good seeing ya!

poof100

Established Member
Still on 93 pump. E85 is kinda a pain to find around here. Watching the build with jpc closely.... Very awesome and await the results

Someone asked about what mufflers. I am running a stainless works exhaust. Lover the sound. Absolutely hate the fitment.

Will keep you posted. Love the stealth look of yours!

BUCKET

Established Member
For sure. I get trans squared away one day may have to meet somewhere in between for some fun with both cars. Would be pretty cool

BUCKET

Established Member
Nothing yet......

Plan on t56 when it does hiccup. Still on stock clutch and two piece drive shaft waiting for something to give. Don't want to spend any $ on the mt82 if I plan on going to the 56.

Blah blah blah basically. Will see how it does in sept at 1/2 mile. If it holds other plans are in the works

Swapping to 3.31 this weekend I hope. Of course JPC could send me a magnum t56 on some love. Hahah

Gotta try right?

Last edited:

poof100

Established Member
For sure. I get trans squared away one day may have to meet somewhere in between for some fun with both cars. Would be pretty cool

Definitely! Maybe next spring at the NMRA event in Bradenton! :burnout:

I'm sure the guys at JPC can set you up with the T56! :beer:

BUCKET

Established Member
Well, here is the road block with that...
People have run more boost on the boss motors so we know the cyclinder can handle the pressures. However most I have seen with the blower cars on higher boosted boss motors is 850rwhp at a lot more boost with blowers than I am with the turbos.

For example(I have link somewhere). Boss with a BAP and a 3.6 on top of it ran 21 PSI!!!! With some race gas(If I recall). But made 84x Rwhp....
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...854-rwhp-boss-302-3-6lc-mammoth-kit-only.html

That said 862rwhp at 12 psi kinda starts into uncharted territory on what the rotating assy can handle. I mean sure it can handle 15-17+psi in the cyclinder. But can the motor handle the power I would make with the twins at that point.

From my understanding no one has made 1000rwhp( I may be wrong on that but idk) on stock boss motor, I don't want to window the block trying to find the limit of turbos/boost/stock boss motor.

The car drives around set at 10.5-11psi all day and I usually hit that every time I drive it. I beat the car and its holding its own. That said, some things are being discussed in the war room............

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
Nothing yet......

Plan on t56 when it does hiccup. Still on stock clutch and two piece drive shaft waiting for something to give. Don't want to spend any $ on the mt82 if I plan on going to the 56.

Blah blah blah basically. Will see how it does in sept at 1/2 mile. If it holds other plans are in the works

Swapping to 3.31 this weekend I hope. Of course JPC could send me a magnum t56 on some love. Hahah

Gotta try right?

Well, here is the road block with that...
People have run more boost on the boss motors so we know the cyclinder can handle the pressures. However most I have seen with the blower cars on higher boosted boss motors is 850rwhp at a lot more boost with blowers than I am with the turbos.

For example(I have link somewhere). Boss with a BAP and a 3.6 on top of it ran 21 PSI!!!! With some race gas(If I recall). But made 84x Rwhp....

That said 862rwhp at 12 psi kinda starts into uncharted territory on what the rotating assy can handle. I mean sure it can handle 15-17+psi in the cyclinder. But can the motor handle the power I would make with the twins at that point.

From my understanding no one has made 1000rwhp on stock boss motor, I don't want to window the block trying to find the limit of turbos/boost/stock boss motor.

The car drives around set at 10.5-11psi all day and I usually hit that every time I drive it. I beat the car and its holding its own. That said, some things are being discussed in the war room............

All of that makes total sense to me. Those are the plans I was going to go with had i not ordered an automatic car.
And yeah i agree, i don't think it's the "boost" so to speak, that can break the motor, but it's the power you're making. 860whp on a 100% bone stock factory motor it's already a lot, it's more than double what it was intended to make lol... so I'd be content with that, and if not satisfied then I'd look into a built motor to go with that T56.

BUCKET

Established Member
That's where I was at when I decided on new toy. All of my other fast rides have been autos (aside from the sti, which was my girls). Anyway, I looked at how much I work and how much I get to spend on drag strip/racing...... I wanted to have more fun rowing gears. So an auto made much less sense to me this time. Plus all I run are the kids around here or my friends with higher end cars. So not much in the way of caring.... Unfortunately there are not a lot of options close Enough to me me to really stretch the BOSS out with my work schedule(6days a week, here right now ha). I get invited to a good bit of stuff by BBR and friends that I want to but cannot attend. I truly need 36hr days.

To add to your last statement..... Plans on the table in the war room sir.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
^ me too man, stuck at work.. hey someone has to pay for the TTs, aluminator, fuel system and so on !! LMAO
working 60hrs a week leaves me no time to work on the cars. As soon as I get out of here I need to go work on my honda and pull the motor out ugh.
Dude, seriously, i would keep your car where it's at. Making 860whp and on a bone stock motor... it doesn't get much more bad ass than that. I can only imagine people's faces when they ask the obvious question "so what did you do to the motor to hold the power?" - "stock" bwahaha leave it where it's at meng... it's pretty legit and respectable.

BUCKET

Established Member
60hrs a week here as well man.....

Leave it says the man with big HP plans.... TT and BAP is respectable as well. Haha

Will see, nothing is in stone yet. But I cannot leave anything alone

D.T.R

Established Member
Hey, if the stock 5.0 (GT) motor held up to 860whp and the every weekend abuse I put my cars through, you best believe me I would leave the stock motor alone :p

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Good to know I'm not the only one working every weekend/65+ hr weeks lol.

How much timing are you running when you made 862? Stock suspension still?

BUCKET

Established Member
16-17*

Not stock... Bbr lowers, upr upper, p springs, panhard, white line sways soon. BBR brake lines. Dot 4 bleed thru, stifflers sub frames, 3.31 rears today I hope. If I can leave work soon.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
How's traction? Any vids starting in first and going through the gears?

How do you like the 3.31's? I think I'm gonna swap my 3.73's out for those

Users who are viewing this thread