2013 Boss fog light delete

wachamberlain

Established Member
Just picked up my race red 13 yesterday, traded in a 13 GT, night and day difference..........The GT pulls hard from idle but the Boss pulls harder on the big end.

Reading some other threads, about the shifter, I don't care what anyone says, the Boss shifts so much smoother, like butter, have not missed one shift period, love the retro look of the Boss.

Has anyone installed GT fog lights in place of the cooling ducts in the grille. I love the look of the Boss, but I think it should have some sort of driving light.

Our cars are essentially a V6 stang with a graphics, suspension and a bad ass motor!!!!!!!!

bpmurr

Established Member
Just picked up my race red 13 yesterday, traded in a 13 GT, night and day difference..........The GT pulls hard from idle but the Boss pulls harder on the big end.

Reading some other threads, about the shifter, I don't care what anyone says, the Boss shifts so much smoother, like butter, have not missed one shift period, love the retro look of the Boss.

Has anyone installed GT fog lights in place of the cooling ducts in the grille. I love the look of the Boss, but I think it should have some sort of driving light.

Our cars are essentially a V6 stang with a graphics, suspension and a bad ass motor!!!!!!!!

There is nothing V6 about the Boss.

I'd like to buy the brake duct kit but it's over $450 at most places online which is a lot more expensive than the 2012 kit.

Last edited:

kbroush

Established Member
I would personally leave the fog lights deleted. It looks mean as hell and thats what makes it a bauce! If you have the 13 model you have some nice HID driving lights to take care of business for you!:banana:

sb03cobra

Established Member

Congrats on the Boss. I don't plan on adding the lights, but I did see this on ebay.

2013 MUSTANG BOSS 302 FOG LIGHT KIT 5.0L FORD - FOG LIGHTS, WIRING, SWITCH | eBay

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

Mine shifted like butter too, once.

Grant808

Established Member
There is nothing V6 about the Boss.

I'd like to buy the brake duct kit but it's over $450 at most places online which is a lot more expensive than the 2012 kit.

Ouch. I bought two 2012 brake cooling kits for less than that, shipped. The only difference is the plastic adapter up front...so those are worth more than $110 each?

OP- I'd go with that fog light kit...mounting lights in the grille would make it look like 'just a GT'.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
OP, I've read you can put the GT fogs in the '13 302 grille. There is some plastic that needs ot be trimmed, but it will work and the fogs will fit fine. However, I feel that would look terrible. I like the uncovered openings on mine, and it gets lots of comments about the aggressive look. If you MUST have foglights, go with the link posted. That kit actually looks pretty nice.

msc111

Established Member
if you dont mind, how much did they give you for your 13gt trade in? was it a base model gt or did it have any extras?

Users who are viewing this thread