2013 boss cutouts

dmv091

Established Member
i am trying to wire my qtp cutouts on my 13 boss. With that being said i need to know where the best location to get key on power source.

The plug that is for the automatic transmission only fits the 2012. Any help on where people are running there wires on a 13 would be much appreciated.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
You'd think for the price of the cutouts QTP would have a solid instructions manual. Goodluck OP. Hopefully you don't have a bad experience as I did. I use my QTPs as a paper wight for my car part receipts

dmv091

Established Member
You'd think for the price of the cutouts QTP would have a solid instructions manual. Goodluck OP. Hopefully you don't have a bad experience as I did. I use my QTPs as a paper wight for my car part receipts

Need Help with Pulling Power for QTP Electric Cutouts

this is what i have found so far just trying to get some options on wiring

USN i agree about the instructions i found some good stuff written and video on the 2012 but the 2013 must use a slightly different wiring harness.

GottaBoss

Established Member
Need Help with Pulling Power for QTP Electric Cutouts

this is what i have found so far just trying to get some options on wiring

USN i agree about the instructions i found some good stuff written and video on the 2012 but the 2013 must use a slightly different wiring harness.

Yes, that was my thread when I was wiring my cutouts. I ended up just going to the unswitched power port in the console, which is really handy if you use the hardwired switch and place it next to the e-brake handle. I was unable to locate a good switched source and after corresponding with QTP and thinking about how the switch works (defaults to 'off' position) went with the unswitched source.

After wiring it this way I can say that it is very handy to be able to change the valve positions when the car is off - for instance, I may have the valves closed but want them open and louder when I start the car or visa-versa.

Last edited:

dmv091

Established Member
I am going with the remotes so wouldn't having a 12v source thats always on kill my battery?

also where did you run the wires to get it into the console?

GottaBoss

Established Member
I am going with the remotes so wouldn't having a 12v source thats always on kill my battery?

also where did you run the wires to get it into the console?

I'm not sure about the remotes since I don't have them.

As far as routing of wires I've seen some who just run them up into the transmission tunnel with one side running across the crossmember. I didn't like that routing because it may put the wires in the way of future service, especially for someone not expecting them to be there.

For that reason I chose to run both sides straight forward and under the heat shields then up the firewall. I routed the passenger side across the top of the firewall and joined the two in front of the driver and then took them down and through the hole left vacant by the sound tube delete. From there they go across under the carpet and to the front and under the center console. The driver's side had a lot of extra length and the passenger had exactly enough. All of my wires run in stock looking corrugated plastic tubing and look absolutely stock under the hood.

See replies #1214 and #1217 in this thread for pics....What did you do to your boss today?

Last edited:

GrabberOrange

Established Member
Any idea on the diametre of the stock side pipes? or would 3 inch cutout suffice? I might be installing these with the ARH.

Users who are viewing this thread