2013 Boss as a daily driver?

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Hey folks, I'm a long time member as I had a '97 Cobra for 9 years. Bought a C5 Z06 three years ago and am selling it this week as I just don't drive it enough to justify owning it. Plus I only have a two car garage and am tired of parking the suv outside. Sooo...I'm considering getting a lightly used 2015 GT as a daily driver and stumbled upon a low 9k mile Boss locally. Owner wants $35k but sounds like he will take a bit less. Would this make a decent daily driver? I would sell the suv and buy an old truck to drive for bad weather days as I'm missing owning a truck anyway. How is the clutch in stiffness? How about the suspension stiffwise? I know it was made for the road course primarily but could I get by with it as a daily?

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
the 2015 will ride way better. Oklahoma roads are pretty rough, I would take the IRS so your not bouncing all over the place with the solid axle.

Last edited:

FKing1

Established Member
I drive my 13 Boss year round in Michigan. Snow tires work great. Stock clutch effort is easy. My Spec 2+ higher effort.
Stock ride comfortable, not harsh. My Steeda's much firmer.
IMO go for the Boss, $30,000 a good price.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Having owned both, I think I'd rather have the '15 GT as a daily. You can get a lot more comfort gadgets there.

But as a toy? Well, my sig tells which I'd rather have I think.

BOSS1651

Established Member
Although I don't have that mahy posts on this forum, I do daily drive my 13 Boss as its the only car I have (41,000 miles and counting). The clutch effort is nothing to
be concerned about in my opinion as the stock clutch is very easy to engage, especially if the helper spring is still installed. Without the spring I still find the clutch very
easy to engage and to me it has a better feel without it. I have left the stock shocks and struts on the factory setting of "2" and have no complaints. I have driven the car
to Salt Lake City and back, Las Vegas, San Diego, and just everywhere I've wanted to go in Arizona and I've never thought it rode harsh. To me it feels very connected to
road and is just plain fun to drive. In my opinion and this is just that, I think the Boss makes a great daily driver....don't get me wrong, the 15 is a great car. I think my
enjoyment comes from owning one to begin with and having the opportunity to drive it every day. Good luck with your decision.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I drove my GB daily for almost 20k miles in 1.5yrs. The last 6 months were with the shocks on 5 because I loved diving into the the on ramps. I now have a 16' and ride is awesome for a daily, but sometimes miss the nimbleness and how connected it was to the road.

MikefromLI

Established Member
My 13 SBY is my daily however I have 2 other classics in the summer and take the train to NYC to commute 13k miles in 3 years

349d6074de041a72fc5c1415403f4f99.jpg

1b643207edeb4c80e44aceebd29ec791.jpg

Last edited:

BADBOSS

Established Member
33,000 and counting on my 2012. It is an awesome daily, gets me outta bed in the morning and smiling when I get home from work!

JTG

Another vote for driving the Boss daily. I bought mine at the end of October and have loved every minute of it. I'm really looking forward to the warm weather driving.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Boss all the way!! Mine is not a daily means of transportation but I do drive it daily.....every time I'm wearing the biggest smile on my face ....plus I like the exclusivity of the boss....you may be the only one in your area with one like I am

Users who are viewing this thread