2013 Boss 302 Owners.

2745 Boss 302

Established Member
I have 2013 Boss 302 and im thinking about either getting longtube headers and offroad quad h pipe. Or BBK cat delete pipes which hook up to the factory mid pipe and exhaust. My only concern is might be moving to Texas and I know they do emissions there. So I could do one of two things. Could get second mid pipe with cats if I went longtube headers. Or could put the catalytic converters back on and take the delete pipes off.

Korbin_Dallas

Established Member
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Even if it takes me a day to parts swap before the test and a day after, I will get to enjoy 728 days of increased power.

Jabooh1

Established Member
First, you should come to Texas. It is the best state.

Second, swapping in cats for the inspection is the way to go.

Dawgstang

Established Member
It depends where in Texas. If your moving to one of the big cities, like Dallas, then yes. I live in Abilene and anything goes, no emissions.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I'm running Kooks longtubes and kooks quad off road H. Will be buying kooks green cats around inspection time. It's so much easier to just swap cats/cat delete pipes

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
So I should just get cat delete pipes and switch them out during emissions?

The kooks offroad H pipe comes in 3 pieces. The 'H' and then the two cat-delete pieces which are interchangable with their Kooks cats. From what I understand most other companies have midpipes that have catless OR catted midpipes that are not removable. In short, to answer your question, yes lol just switch them. When I was in Texas (san antonio) they didnt seem to mind my cammed and catless '93 Cobra

9438395476_7b36e4b007_c.jpg

Last edited:

guarnibl

Established Member
I'm running :

Kooks long tube headers
Kooks side pipes (no baffles)
Kooks hi-flow catted H-pipe (not the green cats)
Stock axle-back

Loudest car I've ever driven. By far. I'm not sure how much power loss you get from cats vs no cats, but given how much power this car makes even bone stock, I doubt it'll be enough to matter, which is why I chose the catted H-pipe, even though I would pass emissions just fine without them. It was much louder than I expected. Damn thing about blows my ears off when I get on it. I can't imagine how much louder it would be without cats, but safe to say if it got louder, I would get too much unwanted attention from the police (for good reason).

But yeah, my $0.02, buy the one with the cats...

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I'm running :

Kooks long tube headers
Kooks side pipes (no baffles)
Kooks hi-flow catted H-pipe (not the green cats)
Stock axle-back

Loudest car I've ever driven. By far. I'm not sure how much power loss you get from cats vs no cats, but given how much power this car makes even bone stock, I doubt it'll be enough to matter, which is why I chose the catted H-pipe, even though I would pass emissions just fine without them. It was much louder than I expected. Damn thing about blows my ears off when I get on it. I can't imagine how much louder it would be without cats, but safe to say if it got louder, I would get too much unwanted attention from the police (for good reason).

But yeah, my $0.02, buy the one with the cats...

Solid set-up :thumbsup: How long have you had it? When I first installed my Kooks headers, H pipe, side pipe and GT500 axle back it was LOUD. I felt like a jerk when I'd half throttle getting onto the freeway. But now it has toned down a bit and sounds gnarly. Cops ask me to rev it

Users who are viewing this thread