2013 Boss 302 cold air intake question?

hdmlnium1

Established Member
Ok I have a 2013 mustang gt and I have a Boss 302 intake and acufab throttle body coming for it..
my question is I have a carbon fiber airraid CAI on my GT now and have a JLT CAI for a Boss 302 intake what is the best CAI for this combo and if what i already have or have comming will work fine do i need to make that work with the 84.5mm Acufab throttle body..
Thanks, Bill

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Ok now could I use the carbon fiber airraid that I currently have and just buy an adapter to fit the 84.5 or do I need a Boss specific Airraid?

The pj airaid intake has 2 versions. One for the boss and one for the GT. I'm not sure if the GT version can be fitted to the Boss manifold since it sits lower.

Why not sell both and buy a brand spankin new airaid intake? IMO well worth it. It's the best looking and performance intake (up to par with JLT if not better) for the Boss.

If you dig deep enough in this Boss section or Bossmustangsonline.com you'll see a thread with a race red Boss doing before and after pulls both stock and then with 84.5tb + airaid pj intake

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
The pj airaid intake has 2 versions. One for the boss and one for the GT. I'm not sure if the GT version can be fitted to the Boss manifold since it sits lower.

Why not sell both and buy a brand spankin new airaid intake? IMO well worth it. It's the best looking and performance intake (up to par with JLT if not better) for the Boss.

If you dig deep enough in this Boss section or Bossmustangsonline.com you'll see a thread with a race red Boss doing before and after pulls both stock and then with 84.5tb + airaid pj intake

You have to keep in mind OP does not have a boss. We have some advantages that makes a CAI worth an investment that they do not.

I can't say anyone, with a GT manifold or Boss manifold on the stock GT engine has seen a power increase of more than 2-3rwhp. Which could be dyno tolerance.

I am aware the Boss 302s see better numbers, but our engines are quite a bit different.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Yes it's abit snug but it fits and looks perfect.

I bought mine before their was a Boss version.
You know what... I believe I bought mine before the Boss version came out as well. Purchased it sometime early August 2013 and remember seeing the Boss version ads months later. I'm gonna have to pop the hood and get a closer look.
You have to keep in mind OP does not have a boss. We have some advantages that makes a CAI worth an investment that they do not.

I can't say anyone, with a GT manifold or Boss manifold on the stock GT engine has seen a power increase of more than 2-3rwhp. Which could be dyno tolerance.

I am aware the Boss 302s see better numbers, but our engines are quite a bit different.

My mistake. I was quick to assume since this is the Boss section. Regardless, the carbon fiber airaid intake is a quality piece. I was very impressed when I received mine. The carbon fiber weave and clear is perfect. Take a look at the JLT carbon fiber weave. It looks hydro dropped

hdmlnium1

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, I ended up buying a PJ AIRRAID for the Boss with the adapter for the 84.5 acufab throttle body.
I will just sell my carbon fiber GT airraid and the JLT cold air after I get the Boss intake and acufab throttle body and PJ AIRRAID on there..
Thanks again for your help.
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread