2013 2014 Replacement Headlight

Schmity

Established Member
Recently I noticed that my drivers side headlight would get repeated condensation on the inside of it. But after a while it began to almost become foggy permanently on the inside. I have looked around to try to find a replacement housing to just transfer everything over to it. But I havent had much luck besides the ones on Ebay with broken tabs. Does anyone have any experience that they can share with me about this? Thanks

noldevin

Established Member
I'd first try to fix the one you have. Nothing aftermarket is going to be as well-sealed as oem and most of them will have worse output.
Make sure the O-ring on the cap is still good, and clean it if it's dirty. The cap could also not be fully seated correctly, pretty easy to mess that one up tbh.
Once you check that, you can remove it and stick it in the oven at like 200 degrees with the cap off and the hole facing up (put something that won't scratch or melt under the lens, i've used wood before), to cook off the water. This temp is perfectly safe as long as nothing is touching the heating element, people often put headlights in at higher temps to soften the glue when modifying them.
Alternately you can try some silica packets.
Once its all dried out put the cap back on and make sure it fully seats.

Users who are viewing this thread