2013-2014 availability and values

HPLouis

Established Member
I saw this video and thought of this thread.

I think this might play a part in the rising prices and scarcity of cars right now. This is the one reason why I'm hesitant to sell the Terminator or the Shelby. I know that it'll be hard to find them again since people are now scavenging them up.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Too many people putting the cart before the horse, largely due to the fact the media is slamming info down people’s throats. The notion of EV been the norm within the next 8 years isn’t going to play out the way it’s being discussed. Going to take a lot longer 15 to 20 years if they trajectories are accurate and our political climate stays the course. And maybe by that time, they’re be surge again in motors and mechanical advances because it’ll be “retro” or the in thing. Big Oil isn’t just gonna roll over nor are we getting off having it as the underlining for many people as a alternative and or powering, our electric stuff.

For the short term, more concerned seeing e85 disappearance than I am gasoline engines entirely.

Getting back to the last model years of the s197s, I feel they’ve hit another Plateau and probably aren’t done ticking up either (long term, growth will be slower than the past 12mo) but seeing asking prices of high 60s and low 70s for these gt500s with less than 20k is a good sign.

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Too many people putting the cart before the horse, largely due to the fact the media is slamming info down people’s throats. The notion of EV been the norm within the next 8 years isn’t going to play out the way it’s being discussed. Going to take a lot longer 15 to 20 years if they trajectories are accurate and our political climate stays the course. And maybe by that time, they’re be surge again in motors and mechanical advances because it’ll be “retro” or the in thing. Big Oil isn’t just gonna roll over nor are we getting off having it as the underlining for many people as a alternative and or powering, our electric stuff.

For the short term, more concerned seeing e85 disappearance than I am gasoline engines entirely.

Getting back to the last model years of the s197s, I feel they’ve hit another Plateau and probably aren’t done ticking up either (long term, growth will be slower than the past 12mo) but seeing asking prices of high 60s and low 70s for these gt500s with less than 20k is a good sign.

E85 tech should have been invested in 10x the amount it was.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svt662

Established Member
BDEA6AF8-0436-49E2-B021-F8E3DB4D89D2.png
It looks like the prices are still going up.

RockChalk

Established Member
Wow is right! Ours just crossed the 13,000 mile mark when I took it to a cars and coffee. Ours is a base model, and not a convertible, but I imagine its value has gone up, too.
IMG_2002.jpg

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Shoot....I love my '13 Vert. The FBO journey over the past 8 yrs was a bit costly but the smiles are long and wide. I love the sound with top down & my favorite mod is ...no doubt.. 410's. I have 2 cars and always lean towards the Shelby on a sunny day. But I'd definitely sell it for $54K and look around for a 60-70's old school muscle car for the change.

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Lots of good discussion here but my opinion as an informed automotive retailer is that the 13/14 GT500 values are up just as every used vehicles value is up due to COVID induced supply disruptions. This is a unique one time situation and much of this used vehicle market value inflation will prove to be transitory. Great cars and prices will have stabilized largely due to age and limited numbers anyways but the near term outsized inflation over the past 12 months will reverse likely in late 2022. My $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
All this common sense about used car prices has to have the NB-sporting, Aviator wearing blue hairs upset that their prized retirement "hot rod" perhaps might not be quite as "one-off" or as cool as they had hoped.

Good thing they all have that "manly" 3rd pedal and 200+mph!!! Har har har har.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
All this common sense about used car prices has to have the NB-sporting, Aviator wearing blue hairs upset that their prized retirement "hot rod" perhaps might not be quite as "one-off" or as cool as they had hoped.

Good thing they all have that "manly" 3rd pedal and 200+mph!!! Har har har har.
200 mph with an MSRP under 70K, let that sink in.
Ford with all their engineering talent & 6 more MY's, couldn't duplicate that performance benchmark !!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
200 mph with an MSRP under 70K, let that sink in.
Ford with all their engineering talent & 6 more MY's, couldn't duplicate that performance benchmark !!

Not to worry. The Mach E GT will destroy the 13/14 cars in every performance metric.

Users who are viewing this thread