2013-2014 availability and values

darksykal

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I loved my `13 and I miss the glass roof. It's a fun car and I enjoyed every mile. If you feel the `13-`14 gt500 is the ultimate Mustang, thats great and I'm not knocking your love and passion for the S197.

If you find fault with the s550, DCT or whatever, I will remind you that the `13-`14s have their many faults as well. (no need to elaborate)

All I'm saying is the `20s brakes, suspension, engine/trans, IRS, just to name a few, are far better than what the s197 has to offer. Lets face it, the car has evolved.

If you'er looking for investments, (unless you owned a 2nd or 3rd gen FordGT since new), look elsewhere to invest.

If you want to build a "track car" to blow them both out of the water then, OOOOOk.

I was simply responding to your claim that the '20 blows it out of the water in every way.
Enjoyment/driving experience is a very real thing and in that regard, your claim is completely wrong.

RockChalk

Established Member
I was simply responding to your claim that the '20 blows it out of the water in every way.
Enjoyment/driving experience is a very real thing and in that regard, your claim is completely wrong.
Further, the new GT500 may blow the S197 out of the water in every category, except for one... and perhaps the most important one. The S197 simply looks better than the S550 version. My opinion and I stick to it.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
No joke...Based on the 13 / 14 GT500's "muscle image", looks (like a Shelby), 3 petals, 5.8L - largest engine, awesome transmission, solid axle, last of its generation, convertible top option, not to mention the emotion, excitement, & buzz when it came out (still relevant for many enthusiasts). For the first time in my life...I have zero desire to own "the best Shelby" 20 / 21...as it does nothing for me. I should have kept all three of my 1993 Cobras (all three colors), my two Terminators, and my 2005 Ford GT. All of those vehicles have appreciated. My "gut" tells me the same appreciation potential regarding the 13 / 14 GT500's. I do not think the latest Shelby will appreciate, nor will the newest C8, for similar reasons. Although they may perform better than their predecessors. Don't get me wrong - I'm not in this hobby for investment purposes...but I'd rather have my vehicles appreciate than depreciate.
Well said, the 13-14 GT500 look the best, and is like no other. The new Ford Performance gt500 looks like shit with that black bumper!! The GT350 R looks 100% better.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I suspect that in another 5 years or so... the 13/14 GT500's will be more desirable & worth more $$ than the 2020 / 2021 + GT500's.
They should hold their value or maybe gain some.
The last MY of anything usually adds to it's value.
Last year for the 6 speed.
Last year for the glass roof,............etc..

svt662

Established Member
They should hold their value or maybe gain some.
The last MY of anything usually adds to it's value.
Last year for the 6 speed.
Last year for the glass roof,............etc..
I will bet you are 100% right.... Great call

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Six speed, awesome power potential,...most awesome meaty, beefy big & bouncy body style that stands out from other late model cars as well as all other Mustangs...has the convertible option. Value is going up rather than helping a dealership manager pay his kids college tuition with ADM.
My buddy paid $5K over for his '19 ZR1.....I can almost justify that especially that model. And...that he was seeing 2-3X that ADM at other dealers. Now, because of it's older equipment he can get what he paid $140K. The C8 ADM's were and still are out of control. One can only imagine $20-25+K over sticker for the upcoming C8 Z06. For that reason if I aspired to a '20 GT500 it would have down the road used & reasonably priced.

I loved my '08 GT500 coupe nicknamed " Grizzly". For sure I'm still McLuvin my 2013 vert 7 yrs later which I've yet to name. Still can't help looking at it every time I walk away smiling. As Nick Nolte said in 48Hrs...." I'm A Rag Top Man " and he likely didn't pay ADM for that old beater Caddy LOL !

Last edited:

Hourigan218

Established Member
The argument of which gt500 looks better Is always going to be subjective/opinionated. I own both ( a 13 gt500 S.S. and a 20 gt500 as well as a 13 Boss 302 so I can tell you all just plain facts. As for performance, the new one is hands down superior. Yes the DIAL shifter is an acquired taste, and a 6 spd is fun but that DCT is amazing. I won't get rid of the 13, it is more fun and in you face kinda car but if I had to take a car to go racing the new one has the advantage. I know guys and gals out there will probably that I'm full of sh&t but this Is just reality, technology is always improving so its hard to compete with that.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
The argument of which gt500 looks better Is always going to be subjective/opinionated. I own both ( a 13 gt500 S.S. and a 20 gt500 as well as a 13 Boss 302 so I can tell you all just plain facts. As for performance, the new one is hands down superior. Yes the DIAL shifter is an acquired taste, and a 6 spd is fun but that DCT is amazing. I won't get rid of the 13, it is more fun and in you face kinda car but if I had to take a car to go racing the new one has the advantage. I know guys and gals out there will probably that I'm full of sh&t but this Is just reality, technology is always improving so its hard to compete with that.

I don’t think many here are arguing the performance is better on the 13-14’s. The 2020 is the better performer. Given the fact that these cars are 7 years apart, it should be.

However there are many subjective and non subjective aspects which make people like the 13-14’s over the 20-21’s. That’s really it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Took Ford 6 MY's to develope a car that costs about 20K more & turns the same 0 to 60 time of 3.5 sec..
Now.. Now wait a minute. I thought 0-60 times were a bogus measurement of a car’s performance.
I could have sworn that’s usually FIRST on the list since performance in cars has been measured but that’s the new rumor going around.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Now.. Now wait a minute. I thought 0-60 times were a bogus measurement of a car’s performance.
I could have sworn that’s usually FIRST on the list since performance in cars has been measured but that’s the new rumor going around.
Owners of 2020+ GT500's quote all of Ford's published performance specs, but point to 0 to 60 as not being a " real " measure of performance. Same crowd dismisses Ford's claim of 200 mph for the 2013 MY, while stating a 2020 will likely do more than 180 mph..

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
13 / 14 .... real dual clutch (disc), first carbon fiber driveshaft.... significantly less porky.... 200 MPH.
Again well said.What would be interesting is a 800hp 13-14 GT500 with a watt link and torque arm from cortex,and the control arms .By the 13-14 weighing less I wonder how it would do on the track vs the ford performance gt500

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I get a kick when people talk about which car is faster, because there are cars like the Viper Juggernaut out there with 3100+ hp. There will always be a faster car.

What really matters is how fun the car is too drive for you, whenever and however you like to drive it. Put your money where your smiles are.

For me, the dial shifter out of the Edge and the DCT is boring (I've owned a DSG in an Audi, it was amazing and boring at the same time). It's a deal breaker for me; I'd rather have a 6M.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
.Owners of 2020+ GT500's quote all of Ford's published performance specs, but point to 0 to 60 as not being a " real " measure of performance. Same crowd dismisses Ford's claim of 200 mph for the 2013 MY, while stating a 2020 will likely do more than 180 mph..
Let's not forget one of the most ridiculous excuses I've seen/heard... "Dust on the runway" was responsible for a '20 GT500 CFTP losing a half-mile airstrip race to a Corvette. No mention of the fact that the Vette would have contended with identical "dust." o_O

To be clear, I'm confident driver skill (or lack thereof) played a large part in the loss, but dust? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

I get a kick when people talk about which car is faster, because there are cars like the Viper Juggernaut out there with 3100+ hp. There will always be a faster car.

What really matters is how fun the car is too drive for you, whenever and however you like to drive it. Put your money where your smiles are.

For me, the dial shifter out of the Edge and the DCT is boring (I've owned a DSG in an Audi, it was amazing and boring at the same time). It's a deal breaker for me; I'd rather have a 6M.
Exactly right! This is what the fanboys and their harem of sycophants refuse to acknowledge.

eagle eye

Established Member
13 / 14.... first & only Shelby or Mustang to reach 200 MPH.

200 MPH, stock? When, where and by whom? ( Ford claimed 202mph)

0-60 in 3.5 sec. with a stock `13-`14? Very difficult to achieve, especially with the stock Goodyear F1 tires. (the GYs just plain suck and you'll put a lot of wear and tear on you're clutch trying)
3.5 with a 2020? Piece of cake.

My `13 stickered out at $68,710. My `20? I payed way-way less than the $20-$40K you claim these cars cost before dealer markups. (granted most did pay an ADM though, not I)

Watts Links, control arms? It'll take a whole lot more than that to keep the taillights of a '20 within sight.

I owned a `13 for 8 years, I know it inside and out and all it's capabilities.
You guys are beating a dead horse here. Stop sulking and just enjoy the S197 for what it is. It's a fun car but it'll never be on par with a 2020 gt500

Users who are viewing this thread