2013-2014 availability and values

RockChalk

Established Member
I've been contemplating selling both the Mystichrome and the Shelby. These prices right now are very enticing but I know that I'll spend a boatload to get back in either of these cars. This is my third Mystichrome. Every time I sold it, I immediately missed it and got back into another one. This time around, I don't think I'll be that lucky.
I believe you may regret selling them both. For certain either one will be more expensive to replace should you have regrets. Making money selling our GT500 isn't even a consideration. When that time does come, yes, it will be nice to fetch all or more of what we paid for it in 2019. For me, it is ALL about enjoying the realization that I finally own a Shelby GT500.

HPLouis

Established Member
I believe you may regret selling them both. For certain either one will be more expensive to replace should you have regrets. Making money selling our GT500 isn't even a consideration. When that time does come, yes, it will be nice to fetch all or more of what we paid for it in 2019. For me, it is ALL about enjoying the realization that I finally own a Shelby GT500.

You are 100% correct. The cars are paid off so I really don't need the money but the finance part of me starts thinking too much when I see these cars going for close to $60K for the Shelby, $45K for the Terminator and almost $50K for the Raptor. The cars sit so it's tempting to sell them both and get $100K but you're right. I would regret it immediately. That's what happened the last time I sold a Terminator. I regretted it and I was very lucky to find another one a few weeks later with lower miles. I know this time around, I won't be as lucky and it will be very hard to find low mile, stock Terminators and Shelbys for a decent price.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
+1. Ours are the last of their breed - high horsepower, 3-pedals, solid rear axle, and classic muscle car styling. I'll take all of that over the stuff being peddled today.
Agreed ! Could just be coincidence but in past years I'd mostly ( if not only) get compliments by a few folks at car shows or at the gas pumps. Just in this short season I've 2 people walk over to ask " Is that a 2013?" Or..." Is that the 660HP GT500?". They know it's a stick. They know it makes brute force torque. Just last week a neighbors son in law was in my garage wanting to tell his Dad what I owned. Not used to that ! And...he commented on the short throw shifter + knew it was also live axle . YUP...last of the breed.
Who knows...someday years down the road the 2013-14 GT500 could have the following of the Terminator crowd. I almost sold my car last season. Hate to do this to someone but last minute I realized I can't let her go just yet...and now I'm driving it even more & folks are asking focused questions about the car LOL.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been contemplating selling both the Mystichrome and the Shelby. These prices right now are very enticing but I know that I'll spend a boatload to get back in either of these cars. This is my third Mystichrome. Every time I sold it, I immediately missed it and got back into another one. This time around, I don't think I'll be that lucky.

I know right? I'm like, "Well I dont drive it much and could use the money from car payment and insurance for other things." That's been the pattern in the past

As a side note, everyone from my insurance rep to my wife and 7 other people started a pool on how long I would keep this one. I was 100% onboard, this is my last GT500 / Mustang purchase. There's an ass load of "winnings" for someone if I do sell it

fearthesnake

Established Member
I know right? I'm like, "Well I dont drive it much and could use the money from car payment and insurance for other things." That's been the pattern in the past

As a side note, everyone from my insurance rep to my wife and 7 other people started a pool on how long I would keep this one. I was 100% onboard, this is my last GT500 / Mustang purchase. There's an ass load of "winnings" for someone if I do sell it
Can't take the money with you when your time comes!!

I've thought about selling mine for $50K+ as its paid off but then what(wife would go on a nice vacation,l)? Not anything else I'd rather drive and still enjoy this one too much.

Love the new 500s and the Technology, but not enough to dump $85K-$90K in it. Just too much for me.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A thought:
If there is no gas shortage, these cars may become more desirable, as the move to EV's is pushed harder..
.......................Also
New study explains why nearly 20 percent of electric car owners return to gas
Some EV owners are not satisfied.
Electric car owners are 18 percent likely to return to gas-powered cars, a new study shows.

Researchers at the University of California Davis say that more than 4,000 households who own or previously owned electric vehicles in California went back to gas and diesel cars, Electrek reported.
Owners were 20 percent more likely to go back to gas-powered cars if they owned a hybrid plug-in car.

Co-authors Scott Hardman and Gil Tal detail owners’ reasons for switching back in the Nature Energy journal.

"Here, on the basis of results from five questionnaire surveys, we find that PEV discontinuance in California occurs at a rate of 20% for plug-in hybrid electric vehicle owners and 18% for battery electric vehicle owners. We show that discontinuance is related to dissatisfaction with the convenience of charging, having other vehicles in the household that are less efficient, not having level 2 (240-volt) charging at home, having fewer household vehicles and not being male."

As the researchers suggested, charging is the biggest hurdle for electric car owners as well as its best perk.

The electric car can receive a "full tank of gas" in less than two hours at home in practice. The problem stems from most homes in California not being optimized for charging the cars. Another problem is not having a parking spot or no parking with access to charging. For those living in apartments, managing an EV can be a challenge.

RockChalk

Established Member
Mecum showed a black 2014 GT500 coupe with 618 miles selling for $76,000 today at the Indy auction. It had track pack and electronics package. Don’t tell me that these cars aren’t revered. The announcer even stated that the 13/14 GT500s will be sought after cars because they have manual transmissions.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Mecum showed a black 2014 GT500 coupe with 618 miles selling for $76,000 today at the Indy auction. It had track pack and electronics package. Don’t tell me that these cars aren’t revered. The announcer even stated that the 13/14 GT500s will be sought after cars because they have manual transmissions.
Thats right!It has been said by some,that the 13-14 GT500 are mentioned in the same class of the 67-68 GT500.

svt662

Established Member
The low mileage 13-14 Shelby’s will continue to climb in value. I’m super happy to own mine and never selling it!

svt662

Established Member
Wow! $76k at Auction that’s Great...

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member

Buyer Paid for the Thrill of Mecum. Not saying it was a bad purchase but probably could have saved a little coin (lease buyer fee premium) buying one elsewhere. The 13/14s mustang whether it’s a 13 Boss or a GT or a Shelby… are going to hold their values far better then the other era s197s. Whether it’s because it’s more defined body lines, last of the SRA, or the stigma that people have put on them, it’ll hold true down the road.

Here is a low mileage Ingot Silver/Blue Stripe car with Glass Roof for $57K. Great looking car with only 4,800 miles on it. I doubt this will last long.

Used 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 for Sale in Anderson, SC - CarGurus

that’s a solid combo plus the blue laid leather accent interior. Someone will be happy.

RockChalk

Established Member
Buyer Paid for the Thrill of Mecum. Not saying it was a bad purchase but probably could have saved a little coin (lease buyer fee premium) buying one elsewhere. The 13/14s mustang whether it’s a 13 Boss or a GT or a Shelby… are going to hold their values far better then the other era s197s. Whether it’s because it’s more defined body lines, last of the SRA, or the stigma that people have put on them, it’ll hold true down the road.

that’s a solid combo plus the blue laid leather accent interior. Someone will be happy.
Perhaps it was a bit high, but the car only has 618 miles. A person would be hard pressed to find another as good as it is. The price of admission is going up on the 13/14. Nothing wrong with paying $76K for what is a brand new car… one you cannot simply walk down the street and purchase any day of the week.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Perhaps it was a bit high, but the car only has 618 miles. A person would be hard pressed to find another as good as it is. The price of admission is going up on the 13/14. Nothing wrong with paying $76K for what is a brand new car… one you cannot simply walk down the street and purchase any day of the week.

is this the same car?Used 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 for Sale in Anderson, SC - CarGurus

There’s a butt for everyone seat but just seems like your spending more than you have to. Again here’s another one, Used 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 for Sale in Anderson, SC - CarGurus.

In my opinion I think these are high to ^^ but to think one is hard pressed to find a better example than the one that sold for 76k (can’t remember if that included buyer fee or not) isn’t difficult if your patient and do national searching.

RockChalk

Established Member
No, not the same GT500. This is the specific car sold for $76K. It was all black, black stripes, etc.
2014-Shelby.jpg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
No, not the same GT500. This is the specific car sold for $76K. It was all black, black stripes, etc.
View attachment 1705006

No glass roof, no recaros. Guy was buzzed and drunk at that auction.
$76,000 w/o full options is not a good "yard stick" to apply at determining value

And they've got good 0-60 times too! Wah Wah. And don't look ricey gay.

Even better when you drop in 3:73s

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
No glass roof, no recaros. Guy was buzzed and drunk at that auction.
$76,000 w/o full options is not a good "yard stick" to apply at determining value

kinda my thought process too… what I linked above (black gt500) has glass seats and less than 700mi for 72k. Now as I said, still that that’s a tad high as you can ask whatever you want doesn’t mean it’s worth it. The mecum one got the attention that one could only get on their stage or BJ, but it’s an outliner.

Users who are viewing this thread