2013-2014 availability and values

RockChalk

Established Member
Is it my imagination, or is it getting more difficult to find a 2013-14 GT500 for sale? It does seem like the asking prices are going up, though some of that can be attributed to ALL used car prices going up. I look at the Vehicles for Sale on the Market forum, and I sure see a lot of WTB: 2013-14 GT500s. Folks on the GT500 forum would have you believe that our cars are not desirable, but from what I see for sale (or lack of 2013-14 GT500s) on other sites, our cars are A) quite desired and B) costing more and more to acquire a decent example. Anyone else have thoughts?

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I agree pricing is up and availability is down, especially on 13-14 GT 500 Verts. Not really driving my '14 thinking about possibly selling it. Looked on Car Gurus, only 5 or 6 available a few days ago. Interesting times...

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Is it my imagination, or is it getting more difficult to find a 2013-14 GT500 for sale? It does seem like the asking prices are going up, though some of that can be attributed to ALL used car prices going up. I look at the Vehicles for Sale on the Market forum, and I sure see a lot of WTB: 2013-14 GT500s. Folks on the GT500 forum would have you believe that our cars are not desirable, but from what I see for sale (or lack of 2013-14 GT500s) on other sites, our cars are A) quite desired and B) costing more and more to acquire a decent example. Anyone else have thoughts?
It's not your imagination - I agree with both A and B. Supply and demand are curretnly out of balance on a lot things, including many vehicles. The value of my nearly nine year old GT500 is up 10%-20% in the past year; and I could sell the C7Z I bought in late-2019 for a profit, after having driven it a few thousand miles. You know things are out of whack when Kia is getting into the markup act! :rolleyes:

Some folks are easily impressed by over-bearing personalities, infatuated with "new and shiny" things, and have more money than brains.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
There have been multiple threads on it being a "sellers" market on just about anything. The used 13/14s are incredibly high from where they were 18 months ago when I was looking and found mine. (Autotrader)

And there is a lot of over priced 13/14 GT500 beat up stuff listed.

Anyway, not Shelby related, but I paid $10,000 for a 2014 Focus with 15k miles on it two years ago for my daughter. Carvana is giving me $11,600 for the same car now has 21K miles on it.

The used market is hurting and the lack of chips and production stoppages are driving the used car market.

44shelby

Established Member
I would let mine go but it would have to be for the right price. 5500 miles ceramic coated and full bolt on's as well as all the documentation on the car. I wouldn't take a penny less than 58k for it. One day they will be the most sought after mustangs.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I contemplated listing mine for 60k, but I quickly realized I would regret it and decided to build the engine. In the current market you're going to be paying 50 to 60k for a clean 13/14 GT500. I bought my current GT500 for 55k back in early 2018 with 6k on it.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
One day they will be the most sought after mustangs.
+1. Ours are the last of their breed - high horsepower, 3-pedals, solid rear axle, and classic muscle car styling. I'll take all of that over the stuff being peddled today.

I contemplated listing mine for 60k, but I quickly realized I would regret it and decided to build the engine.
Smart move, Steve. I look forward to following your build progress. No current plans for mine, but I have no idea what the future holds...

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
+1. Ours are the last of their breed - high horsepower, 3-pedals, solid rear axle, and classic muscle car styling. I'll take all of that over the stuff being peddled today.

Smart move, Steve. I look forward to following your build progress. No current plans for mine, but I have no idea what the future holds...
Thanks buddy, I've been wanting to build the engine for the last year and the wife finally said just do it already lol. I've always wanted a big HP GT500, especially after owning 4 of them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There have been multiple threads on it being a "sellers" market on just about anything. The used 13/14s are incredibly high from where they were 18 months ago when I was looking and found mine. (Autotrader)

And there is a lot of over priced 13/14 GT500 beat up stuff listed.

Anyway, not Shelby related, but I paid $10,000 for a 2014 Focus with 15k miles on it two years ago for my daughter. Carvana is giving me $11,600 for the same car now has 21K miles on it.

The used market is hurting and the lack of chips and production stoppages are driving the used car market.
This!!!

And this!!

Until new vehicles are back into regular production, the used car market is in an upswing. There is a high demand now for used cars. The 2013-2014 were always popular both due to the increased power and because they're the last of the high horsepower manual transmission equipped GT-500s like Norton said.

Wild times!!

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone who says 13-14 GT500’s are not “desirable” are honestly delusional. Quite a few milestones with these as well as lasts of lasts. I also think these are the best looking GT500 to date. Hands down. If i were making vegas bets, these will always command quite a bit more money then 07-12’s. As time goes on, the gap will increase big time.

I consider myself lucky i picked mine up last year before prices really shot up. 2nd owner, 20k miles, every option but GR and stock other then corsa axle back and in 99% mint shape.

Frankly, I don’t care where the values go because this one stays with me until my end. I’ll save for/add other cars i want. I learned from selling 2 Cobras over the years that I regret. Not making it a 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sparko

Established Member
My 13 vert just sold for 57 grand…11000 miles, blk on blk , perf pkg, nav..it was pretty mint but it’s 10 grand more than I would have gotten a year ago

svt662

Established Member
Prices seem a little low to me. LOL
3E90C813-3AB2-4DFD-B3DA-D11BEC04FB16.png
1650048B-DECE-40AD-9BD6-0819C13A90BC.png

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone who says 13-14 GT500’s are not “desirable” are honestly delusional. Quite a few milestones with these as well as lasts of lasts. I also think these are the best looking GT500 to date. Hands down. If i were making vegas bets, these will always command quite a bit more money then 07-12’s. As time goes on, the gap will increase big time.

I consider myself lucky i picked mine up last year before prices really shot up. 2nd owner, 20k miles, every option but GR and stock other then corsa axle back and in 99% mint shape.

Frankly, I don’t care where the values go because this one stays with me until my end. I’ll save for/add other cars i want. I learned from selling 2 Cobras over the years that I regret. Not making it a 3rd.

When I got mine it was sub $50k.
And yes, I wish we would have never sold the Comp Orange '04. We were not in a bind, but the extra money was nice. Mind set was, "O we can find another one later on."

The lies I tell myself.

The lesson learned from the Comp O, current pricing, options and cleanliness are the reasons I will probably never sell my '13.

lmao!!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Looks like some serious $$$$$$ right there !
Will be interesting to see where they settle out @, once the OEM's hit the dealerships again.
My 14 will be part of my estate down the road..
05-13-2021-C-R-crusie-night-024.jpg

noco5.0

Established Member
One car I would love to own but have never gotten the chance to. There is a dealer in Metro Denver that has several if they gave me a crazy trade offer on my Boss 302 I might consider making the switch.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
And yes, I wish we would have never sold the Comp Orange '04. We were not in a bind, but the extra money was nice. Mind set was, "O we can find another one later on."

The lies I tell myself.

The lesson learned from the Comp O, current pricing, options and cleanliness are the reasons I will probably never sell my '13.

lmao!!

Same. I didn’t need the money yet i sold them anyway. Always thought i would pick up a SB coupe no problem later down the road. Good luck lol

Its gonna be a hail marry finding a CO coupe lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HPLouis

Established Member

The lies I tell myself.

lmao!!

I've been contemplating selling both the Mystichrome and the Shelby. These prices right now are very enticing but I know that I'll spend a boatload to get back in either of these cars. This is my third Mystichrome. Every time I sold it, I immediately missed it and got back into another one. This time around, I don't think I'll be that lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread