2012 vs 2013 Boss 302

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I had a 12 boss and now have a white 13 boss. I liked both cars, but just perfer the 13. I am big on little stuff that makes the overall package of the car nicer. I think the 13 looks better with the smooth hood with the vents, updated bumpers as well as the led rear lights and hid headlights. Not to mention I hated the black roof on my orange 12 and am glad the roof is body color on the 13's. Also think the 13 stripes dont look as cheap as the 12's. But to answer your question the running gear is all the same. So it just comes down to preference and I still think the 12 Boss is a great looking car!

cjmclean

Established Member
Personally, I love the contrasting color on the roof. I think the 12 look more aggressive. Although I do love the new black ones.

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
The rear dif cover is different also. It now has service ports so you can drain and refill.
I do miss the black roof though.

Cobra 2997

Established Member
Is there anyone out there who prefers the look of the 2012 over the 2013? Don't get me wrong, both look great, but for some reason I prefer the 12!

Me. Like many I like the 2012 front end and the 2013 rear end. You can't go wrong with either year though.

Me as well, I like the 12 front end much better than the 13, but I like the 13 rear better than the 12.

I don't care about SYNC or any of that fluff, I don't even know what it is. Or HID, aren't those just bright headlights or something ??

kbroush

Established Member
The hood vents were engineered more for eleviating high pressure under the engine bay for better down force, not so much for head extraction.

comprepsvo

Established Member
I waited till the 13's came out and decided I didn't like the front ends and I liked the black and red LS on the 12 instead of the all black on the 13. It was an easy choice for me so I went that way. Each of us has our own preferences, likes and dislikes. If I had wanted all of the up todate conveniences/bell and whistles, I would have bought a new 13 Shelby.

I love the 12 Boss, it really is a well balanced fun car to drive. One of my favorites with my other 5 mustangs. Easy to drive, it has A/C, great seats, and just an excellent car. With the upcoming body change, I think the two years that the Boss have been made will mark this as one of Mustang's best.

JohnW#88

Established Member
Another thing to consider is the 2012 Boss 302S won the SCCA World Challenge GTS class for 2011 and the 302R took second place in the Grand AM GS class for 2011. The 2013's for 2012 didn't place that high. :beer:

You can thank SCCA WC for that.

Politics and a restrictor were to blame for this seasons issues not the cars and teams. Typical WC BS. One season you're kicking butt the next your weight, engine and/ or restrictor is given a "competition adjustment" and you're 10th. See Mid-Ohio.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
You can thank SCCA WC for that.

Politics and a restrictor were to blame for this seasons issues not the cars and teams. Typical WC BS. One season you're kicking butt the next your weight, engine and/ or restrictor is given a "competition adjustment" and you're 10th. See Mid-Ohio.

I was about to post the same thing... the '13 cars were restricted...

El Jeffe

Established Member
Guess the Boss's didnt get the projection light side mirrors for 2013 that put the lighted mustang on the ground....and can't find where the Boss has the My color option it to change the color of the gauge lights....unless Im missing it on the menu somehow.
Also...where does it tell you how to remove the faux fog lamp covers....or do you just use a screw driver on the detent and lift up?

86Fbody

Established Member
That was my main concern when buying a track car, that it may or may not project a freaking pony on the ground and change the color of the gauges.

Users who are viewing this thread