2012 V6 or 2010 GT???

II HELLCAT II

Established Member
Ok so I'm wanting to trade in my 2011 fiesta and get another mustang. I have the option of getting a 2010 GT or a 2012 v6. It's a hard choice to make and I would just like to get some views/opinions on it. The GT is $24,995 with 17k and the V6 is brand new still on the lot for about $22,000. I know the GT is a GT so I can't really go wrong with it and there's tons of parts out for it but the 6er is *BRAND NEW* with the pretty much the same HP and better gas mileage but yet it is also a V6. Please any help would be appreciated. This is a tough decision!!:shrug:

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
Can't get the extra couple grand for an 2011 GT? Tough choice but I wouldn't get a V6 mustang...ever. There are a lot better v6's out there in a better package. Not to bust on any v6 owners balls because there are a handful of sick 2011+ v6's but meh to a v6 "pony car".

They could possibly turn me into a liar if they came out with a twin turbo ecoboost v6...

But I'm getting 20-23MPG in my 5.0 so yeahhhhh probably not.

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
You'll be kicking yourself everyday you hear someone in a V8 wishing that you had one too. V6 Mustangs don't exist in my world.

II HELLCAT II

Established Member
For me to get a base GT here new would run me about 34k or so. No way can we come up with that money since I just bought the hubby a 2012 HD Nightster. I would LOVE to have a new 5.0....BUT the price is the problem.

jtkz13

Established Member
If mpg isnt a huge concern get the GT. Resale value will be better and you'll never think I wish I had a V6.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
I love my 2012 V6 DD 30mpg on the interstate and still went 14.2 at the track. Test drive both and see but I had to make the same choice and glad I picked the 6.

II HELLCAT II

Established Member
Well I decided to get a 2012 V6 auto in grabber blue. It'll be better fuel wise in the long run and they didn't have any GT's in automatics(Easier with a child) anyways. Can't beat $6,500 off the price either.

G-NOTE

Established Member
Well I decided to get a 2012 V6 auto in grabber blue. It'll be better fuel wise in the long run and they didn't have any GT's in automatics(Easier with a child) anyways. Can't beat $6,500 off the price either.

The V6's are nice, my brother in law has a 2010 GT500 that is his toy, and a 99' accord as his DD.

Well the accord took a crap so he went to the dealer to buy a focus, but by the time he started adding the features he wanted the price was near $20k. So he opted for a 2012 V6 stang in auto, the market on the 2012's really fell out with the release of the 13's.

You would think the dealers would try to sell some of the 12's before the flood the lot with 13's.

Anyway he has done a tune/CAI/cat back exhaust, and he said he almost gets 32 mpg hwy!!!

Now he has the best of both worlds, I'm jealous...:cryying:

RCRAMIE

Established Member

You picked the best color, well I might be bias.
_facebook_-1764617229_.gif

II HELLCAT II

Established Member
I dropped the fiesta off at the dealer today and I should have the mustang no later then the 28th. The best part is that my payments are less then what the fiestas' payments were and insurance is $5 more. Not a bad deal at all if I must say so myself lol.....we will find out in the next 10 mo. where we are PCSing to and hopefully going somewhere HOT. (Florida or Texas) **WOOT WOOT** Oh and the final sale price was right under $18k

Last edited:

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Now that you have had if for a bit how do you like it? Happy with going V6 over the v8?

II HELLCAT II

Established Member
I picked up the stang today and she's beautiful! I'm very happy with my purchase plus I've been in love with the grabber blue since it first came out. For once I was able to get a car in the color I want. Tomorrow I gotta go to the dealer for a picture if it's not raining lol. I will post a pic as soon as I can.

II HELLCAT II

Established Member
***UPDATE*** I've had the car for a little bit now and I'm still very happy with it. I can't wait to get back to the states so I can really start working on it. As of this moment she has right around 900 miles on her.

Users who are viewing this thread