2012 Mustang GT Gen3R

BorysGT1000

Looking for advice!!! My current setup is auto trans, Aluminator 11:1 with VMP Gen3R, VMP 163R mono blade throttle body, 75mm pulley, 8 rib belt, JLT 148mm intake, id1300 injectors, ice tank. On dyno session setup showed on 3rd gear (1:1 gear is 4th) not able to hold the car on 4th, but any way car made 783whp. My question is what is the limit for this motor and for my setup in general and what i can change to make more power? What is best 1/4 time can be with this setup?
27DE936A-709F-4F85-8884-9D9B1E4D870A.JPG

Reaper14

Established Member
I always thought the aluminator is a 1k hp engine but not sure. A few guys on here have them & gone through them. Maybe they'll chime in later. Nice set up!

Vic

Reaper14

Established Member
A slow one lol. I am mt-82, gen 1 coyote, 2.9 gen 3 whipple on a 3.75 pulley on E with id1050x on 3.73s.

Vic

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Borys - your limiting factor is going to be the tty head bolts. I wouldn't exceed 15-16lbs of boost with them.

In the meantime, if your lower intake isn't ported, have that done by Bret Barber at Airflow Solutions. It is a proven modification. The more power you make, the more it helps. I would expect a solid 30 rwhp where you are.

Once you have head studs in and better hg's (I ran Boss 302 hg's) on your Aluminator, you can increase boost.

I had a Gen 1 Aluminator and eventually made 922 rwhp with it, with a Gen 3R (69mm / stock lower), ported lower intake, mono blade, JLT Super Big Air, longtubes, ect on E85.

I opted to stop there, though. I'm a bit paranoid and didn't want to hurt a good engine. I saved up and had a new engine built, based on a stronger block. Sold my still healthy Aluminator and made some cash to throw at the new one.

Flcracker

Established Member
I have a 2011 sleeved coyote with a VMP 2.65. It made 940whp. You need a fuel system and e85. How’s that TB working out. Does it idle properly?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Borys - your limiting factor is going to be the tty head bolts. I wouldn't exceed 15-16lbs of boost with them.

In the meantime, if your lower intake isn't ported, have that done by Bret Barber at Airflow Solutions. It is a proven modification. The more power you make, the more it helps. I would expect a solid 30 rwhp where you are.

Once you have head studs in and better hg's (I ran Boss 302 hg's) on your Aluminator, you can increase boost.

I had a Gen 1 Aluminator and eventually made 922 rwhp with it, with a Gen 3R (69mm / stock lower), ported lower intake, mono blade, JLT Super Big Air, longtubes, ect on E85.

I opted to stop there, though. I'm a bit paranoid and didn't want to hurt a good engine. I saved up and had a new engine built, based on a stronger block. Sold my still healthy Aluminator and made some cash to throw at the new one.

Listen to this man.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread