2012 gt500

Stevenochoa4

Established Member
my current mods are pmas intake, 1000cc injectors, and on e54 with the vmp triple pass heat exchanger and im around 530-550, my next upgrades are a 2.5 in pulley, 10% od balancer, american racing long tube headers, offroad x-pipe, cat delete, vmp plug and play boost a pump, and getting a the mcleod rxt clutch and flywheel... was wondering what power range i should be at to the wheel... im just super curious!

thank you!

68gtscode

Established Member
Hello, you should post this in the GT500 section. There is more traffic there and this section is mostly dedicated to the Coyote platform. Unfortunately, I can’t provide a HP estimate. But, I’ve had an 03 Cobra and GT500, both with Whipples, etc. If you’re budget limited, I would think about buying a used TVS (or twin screw) instead of the exhaust and pulleys. I think you’d make more power even with stock exhaust, and would certainly have more room to grow with future mods. I just think overall the car would be a lot more fun with the TVS than trying to get much more out of the stock blower. My two cents!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So you're still using the Eaton. Ported or unported? If you are using the Eaton, I totally agree that you'd be wiser investing in a blower upgrade before you do the headers. Unless your budget might handle both.

Users who are viewing this thread