2012 GT500 ?

buddha93

Established Member
This dealer moves a lot of cars like this, has the typical favorable lighting and Amour-All detail job under the hood. Does look to have fresh tires on at least the back. Can't say I've ever heard anything bad about them. My guess is they are looking for $32-35k......hard to say. (edit: didn't see the price, I see the $34,991 now) I would pay neither myself. Even with the blower upgrade, and some guys are gonna lose their mind with me saying this, but I wouldn't give more than $27k for it.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
This dealer moves a lot of cars like this, has the typical favorable lighting and Amour-All detail job under the hood. Does look to have fresh tires on at least the back. Can't say I've ever heard anything bad about them. My guess is they are looking for $32-35k......hard to say. (edit: didn't see the price, I see the $34,991 now) I would pay neither myself. Even with the blower upgrade, and some guys are gonna lose their mind with me saying this, but I wouldn't give more than $27k for it.

Purchase only with clean compression check results.
Conduct undercarriage inspection on a hoist/lift. Not laying on your back in the parking lot
The tailights are worth $600.00 :)

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It has a trinity TVS on it. Car has definitely been modded. Will probably drive/feel very similar to your 2013.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Nice car! Personally I only buy stock performance cars, but that’s just me. It looks nice, and as long as you can get an independent independent inspection should be fine.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Miles are on the high side, based on the asking price.
If complete documentation for " every " mod done to it isn't available, I'd walk away..

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a nice looking GT-500, with medium miles. As @1Kona_Venom said, get a compression test and definitely get it on a lift to check out the undercarriage. If you then are still liking it, make an offer that you feel is good and see if they accept it or come close to it.

CobraG

Established Member
The price is okay, I figure I could negotiate that down more. I'd trade my 2013 5.0 that I own so that would be a nice down payment. I don't care for that many miles but I like the way the car looks inside and out and especially that it has the 2013 tail lights.
I do and don't like the mods, I bought my 2013 modded and seem to have had a 50/50 experience with the car.

"It has a trinity TVS on it. Car has definitely been modded. Will probably drive/feel very similar to your 2013."
What do you mean, ride or performance?

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I don't like that they removed the factory cold air shielding. That should still be their despite the JLT installed.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
OP,

Another point I would like to make. I kinda agree with @Klaus and @buddha93 in the sense of passing on it.

When I buy stuff, parts or cars, I always have an exit strategy, meaning, how much am I gonna loose if I gotta get out of it? How popular is it, demand etc?

If you buy it and decide you want out, the stripe delete, miles, and mods will not favor you, guaranteed. Dealer probably gave up $26,000 on the trade.

Like car parts, buy once, cry once and get what may be sought after later on if you decide to let it go.

The miles are to high, $29k tops. And ya, no original wheels, stripes etc.....pass

buddha93

Established Member
I think the bottom line here is you can get more for less, though if your in a situation where you need to trade, that gives you less options. I just saw a nice one of FB with around 18k miles for $33k, more in line for what I'd be targeting.

CobraG

Established Member
I think the bottom line here is you can get more for less, though if your in a situation where you need to trade, that gives you less options. I just saw a nice one of FB with around 18k miles for $33k, more in line for what I'd be targeting.

I'd like to keep my 2013 and have a GT500 but we already have five vehicles as it is so I'd have to trade. I'm trying to convince my wife to trade her Wrangler for a GT500 but she isn't having it, lol.
I found another 2012 GT500 in Tulsa, that's about an hour away from me so I might run up and take a look at it. Some of the cars I find are so far away, it'd be an all day trip and if there's no deal that's a wasted day.

Users who are viewing this thread