2012 GT500 pulling

Zims-mustang

Established Member
Just picked up a 2012 GT500 with only 11k miles. It seems to be very inconsistent and depending on road conditions but the vehicle seems to pull both ways if the vehicle is heading to the left or the right taking off or highway speeds. If the road is as straight is could be sometimes, it does not pull. Also had an alignment done and checked the tire pressure. Its my second Shelby and the other did not seem to do this.

TheGovernment

Established Member
How wide are the tires? I've got 275 on my front and it wonders all over the place if the road isn't perfectly level.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Yeah, these tire sizes will do it, especially with the Spinyear G:2s. I have a road I drive to work every day on thats had some water pipes laid fresh. The asphalt patch work pulls my wheel all over. I battle just to keep it off the road divider.

railroad

Established Member
Is the car stock suspension? If not, hopefully your alignment included thrust angle. You might play with tire pressures even though you know they are correct for the factory settings.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
No, only if ecus or torque sensors are replaced. The electric portion should be assist only, and I believe that it doesnt have ECU commanded movement capabilities. Luxury makes do have that feature like Lexus, Mecedes etc.

Ive heard about some early 2011 GTs and possibly some GT500 having to need a EPS program update to redo the nibble control and feel, but nothing that would cause a car to pull. Thats all tire and suspension.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Unidirectional tires will exhibit that behavior moreso than non-directional tires. If you have the SVTPP package and the OEM rubber, you have unidirectional tires.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just for giggles, you try cross rotating your front tires. If it pulls the opposite direction, you found your problem.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Uni-directional tires are not made to be rotated, but it seems it pulls in either direction intermittently. OP what you're experiencing is referred to as tramlining. I experienced it with the OEM rubber. After I replaced my tires with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, it's a lot less noticeable.

Last edited:

Zims-mustang

Established Member
So I am currently at the point where I am thinking about replacing all 4 tires on Shelby, especially since the stocks cant handle any power at all. I was think Toyo R888 or Nitto NT05R any opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread