WANTED: 2012 gt500 oem cats

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m looking for stock cats for 2012 gt500 preferably in California but I can also pay shipping.
I suggest you take a look at these. They are EPA approved and will greatly enhance your exhaust system and flow.

OKSnake08

Established Member
I have the stock setup for my 08 but looking at aftermarket replacement prices it’s going to stay on the “in case I ever need it shelf” these are CARB approved but Holy Shit Batman! The price!

You might try prestige Mustang (I think is the name) salvage otherwise there are a few FB groups (I’m not on FB so my wife has to pinch hit for parts purchases there) shipping will be spendy due to size.
I keep an eye on Copart for totals that I can get for spares. Haven’t found one the right year in my area but if it’s 3K for cats finding a higher mileage total with motor, trans,rear end trim etc ( and don’t forget the priceless PCM) 10K for a complete wrecked car might be a deal. At least that’s what I tell myself…

jessi

Yea I had seen the aftermarket ones they are either not carb legal or if they are carb approved for California, they are more expensive than buying the oem ones new. So I figured my only options were pay $1,100 + shipping for the new ones or see if I can get lucky finding someone who has them used for less since I really only need them for the state ref inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread