2012 GT500 Mich Pilot SS

Hendo741

Established Member
Looking to pick up some pilot super sports for replace the goodyears on my Shelby. I have the stock 19x9.5 wheels and am wondering what is the widest tire I should put on her, and do you have them available. Any help is appreciated.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the message Hendo741 and welcome to SVT performance. There's a lot of great info on this site so you'll be happy you signed up.

You could go wider on the front if you want. (275/35R19) but your rear tire is as wide as we recommend for your stock wheels. Michelin does make the Pilot Super Sport in the 275/35R19 and 285/35R19 sizes. Link: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...n=Pilot+Super+Sport&typ=Passenger/Performance

Please let us know if we can help you more.

Hendo741

Established Member
Thanks for the info Travis. Any idea on how the wider tires on the front would affect performance? What I'm really hoping for is more grip in the back, but the fronts do look a little stretched over that wheel.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How do you use your vehicle? Are you wanting more straight line performance or more performance for autocross style driving?

Hendo741

Established Member
Looking for more auto cross type handling. I'm from the hills of WV and love windy roads. I figure if I can get that the straight line will come with it. It is also my daily driver, but having owned EVOs and WRXs I don't mid a rougher ride for performance.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the additional information Hendo.

For your driving style and conditions a wider front tire is beneficial. I recommend running the 285/35R-19 Super Sport on all four corners.

Users who are viewing this thread