2012 GT Trade In Value

noco5.0

Established Member
I'm curious if there are any dealers on here who could tell me what a realistic but fair trade in value is on my 2012 Mustang GT. It's a black premium with no extra options. It is stock other than a Ford Racing tune and has 2900 miles. I love the car but have 2 other vehicles and don't have time to drive and maintain them all. I live in Colorado so realize this isn't a great time to get rid of it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

noco5.0

Established Member
What are your other 2 vehicles?

2004 Suburban 2500 and a 1970 Chevy Blazer. Need the Suburban as my DD especially in the winter. I'm torn between keeping the Mustang or keeping the Blazer. I've had several performance cars over the years but have always wanted an old Blazer/Bronco. I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to making my vehicles how I want them. Realistically I only have the budget and more importantly the time for one of them. If I get rid of the Mustang I will probably sell the Suburban also and either get a new truck or Suburban. Mine is nickle and dimeing me with little stuff.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Just an option, use KBB. When I traded my truck (05 Z71) for my mustang I got almost exactly what KBB said I would for trade in.

noco5.0

Established Member
If you have too many vehicles why would u trade it in , just sell it:shrug:

If I get rid of the Mustang I will probably upgrade my current Suburban at the same time. I would probably just sell it outright and trade the Mustang since I still owe money on it. Lots of options including keeping the Mustang.

Humboldt1498

Established Member
Why don't you just DD the mustang? The mustang is fine in the snow/cold with good winter tires. I'm in FoCo and I DD my 5.0 through snow and all. Unless you live in the mountains, 4x4 is not needed.

04nccobra

Established Member
Not sure of trade but I just purchased a 12 GT 6M Base with Brembo package and backup sensor, car had 2500 miles on it and is in perfect cond. The price was $25,250.00

Bud

Established Member
Would have to go to a dealership and work out the numbers including what vehicle you would be trading for to figure out the spread of what they give you for yours and what you pay for the new vehicle.

Selling outright usually pulls more money, but don't forget the sales tax you paid on your mustang, if you trade it in that paid sales tax is applied to your new vehicle, if you sell outright you lose all that sales tax you paid. May not be a deal breaker but good to keep in mind when you are running numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread