• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2012 GT Rat Ate My Harness

Discussion in 'Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake - Formerly Tous' started by 357 Racing, Jul 9, 2017.

1. 357 Racing

357 Racing New Member Established Member

Was driving home one day and car started surging/cutting out under acceleration, few minutes later i went to stop at a light and car just completely died. Like someone turned my key off. No wrench light or check engine. At first I thought it was my fuel pump that died but I can still hear it prime when I turn the key. Short story I parked it to come get it the next day. Fired right up and started heading home. A few miles in and same thing happens. This time wrench light came on and threw 2 codes.

P0320 Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit
    P061C Internal Control Module Torque Performance

It has only thrown those codes one time and I have driven it 6-7 time since. Starting is intermittent Started googling and many people said it may be the crank position sensor. So I pulled that and everything looked fine. That's when I noticed this. Looks like a rabbit or rat chewed this section in two spots. So first question is what is this harness called and where can i buy this part to replace it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDpIGDYqfqEeDJ1c1JMazRyWU5WZG1rRnRaV042SmdQellj/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDpIGDYqfqEQU12MkJBdjA0aWhFZUFwRlRIM2FWajNuS0JN/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. FORDSVTPARTS

FORDSVTPARTS Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Yikes! Where does this harness plug into? Does it plug into the PCM? Does this go directly to the sensors on the engine?
    I'd also like a VIN as well :)

Thanks!

3. 357 Racing

4. 357 Racing

Talked to a dealer they gave me this part number
    Wire Assembly
    BU5Z12A581GB

5. FORDSVTPARTS

Sorry for the delay, as I've been out for a few days unexpectedly. Let me know if you still need help with this one.

Thanks

6. 357 Racing

yes still not sure if that is the correct part i need

7. FORDSVTPARTS

The number they gave you indeed the correct number for the engine harness.

8. 357 Racing

So their are 3 different harnesses that connect to the pcm a lower, middle, and the top. BU5Z12A581GB is the middle one, this harness is for the injectors, coil packs, crank position sensor, a oil pan sensor etc. Are you able to look up what part number connects to the top plug in on the pcm? That is the harness that i need.

NC-GT500 likes this.
  9. FORDSVTPARTS

I possibly could find more wiring details in the workshop manual, but I'd need more details on the wires thems selves (colors of affected wires, how many pins in the connector, etc) The only other big harness in the engine bay is the CR3Z-14290-JB. $367.20. This one runs around the whole engine bay, and includes the smart junction box as well.

10. 357 Racing

Finally had some free time to get under the car. This is the part number on the harness that I need. Can you get me a price on this? Thank you

Attached Files:

11. FORDSVTPARTS

Excellent! That's actually part of the battery harnesses. CR3Z-14300-EA.

12. xxv0odo0xx

xxv0odo0xx New Member Established Member

I am having the same issues with my Boss 302... I had both codes mentioned (P0320 and P061C)... On older mustangs, this points in the direction for the Crankshaft Position Sensor. I know there was a TSB for the O-ring, and thought to start there. These cases sound a bit too similar. I'm going to check my harness and see if that is the culprit. I was first thinking fuel pump or battery, replaced battery and problem was still there. Only came up an hour after using the car.

13. xxv0odo0xx

xxv0odo0xx New Member Established Member

Were you able to resolve this problem with the battery harness?