2012 GT 5.0 Tuning Issue

AussieLightning

Have a 2012 GT automatic. Gen 2 Aluminator short block 11.0 to 1 comp, mild port Gen 2 heads, 2.9 Whipple Gen 4, stage 2 kit, 132mm TB, long tubes, ID1300x2 injectors, Boss cams & Pac springs, return fuel system.

Car was tuned and running fine (by me), then after about 2-3 months of driving car suffered a had a voltage problem which was caused by the main fuse at the battery. It did take a while to find as normal voltage passed through the fuse and it was only under load the car started to play up. The fuse had swelled but did not blow, which was what was causing low voltage and current supply issues to the car and the electronics. Steering went out, fuel pumps played up, sensors went haywire so sensor issues were expected and the computer could have been affected at time of fault too?

After the fuse was replaced the car displayed erratic drivability, it began surging, stalling throwing wrench light etc etc. Numerous items have been replaced and checked such as- factory wideband sensors, aftermarket wideband sensor, MAF sensor, new plugs, cam sensors checked, TB voltages checked, cams logged and doubled checked again. PCM has even been changed with another to test it and the car still displays the same erratic problems.

Car is driven Widebands logged/checked both the factory and aftermarket. Sometimes minor small changes are made to MAF and car drives fine, no surging no nothing. Park car and come back later- be it hours or days start car and try to drive and it drives like a pig. It is like the tune file is not being held, it is corrupted or there is something else in the car which is bad? I put the car away before Christmas, got it out this weekend to drive it thinking it was ok as it was ok before Christmas and it's surging and acting like a pig again?

Car is tuned with SCT software and I am experienced it is not my first rodeo as the saying goes.

Anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Since it's doing the same thing with two separate ECU's I'd say it's not a tune issue. Are you able to see what the fuel pressure is doing when it's acting up? Have you datalogged it when it's acting up? You might just have to set it up and log every time you drive until you catch something.

AussieLightning

Yes been datalogging whenever I drive it, not seen anything obvious yet. Fuel pressure might be an issue and will look deeper into that. I have kinda lost interest in it and have not been driving it lately. Thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread