2012 Focus ST: Ecoboost 248HP

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Price. Titanium is $22,000. Subtract auto and some options. Add turbo, suspension, Recaro's. Supposed to come in sets. ST1, ST2 and ST3 depending. ST1 better not cost over $23,700 base.

PS saving and patiently waiting.

i dont see anybody getting into an ST under 27k

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I wouldn't trust any magazine articles whatsoever unless they are directly quoting someone from the brand itself. The cars proven over to be popular so it's a given that they will offer trim levels they know will sell. They have to get a feeler for how this car will sell here so I imagine that's why it could be offered in a smaller variety. We'll just have to see.

So maybe add more trim levels a little after its released? After they see if theres a demand? Ide like to hear what the different trim levels will offer.. Hopefully they make it worth each one!!!

Im excited for this.. :beer:

paynecasey

Established Member
So maybe add more trim levels a little after its released? After they see if theres a demand? Ide like to hear what the different trim levels will offer.. Hopefully they make it worth each one!!!

Im excited for this.. :beer:

I read ST1 will have cloth Recaro seats and rain Sensing wipers. ST2 with partial leather Recaro's and ST3 with with full leather Recaro with adjustable leg recliners with full rear seat leather recaro's.

And if 27k was the minimum, that would be suicide.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Oh so different trim levels may not give you more suspension upgrades or more power? Boo.

Yea.. Seeing what the price will be is going to be interesting thats for sure.

paynecasey

Established Member
Was pricing a base focus 5 door. No options put it at $18,995

Thats no Ford Touch, no Sync, no auto, no rain sensing wipers, no nothing.

The 2.0 ecoboost option on the Ford Edge is $995. Handling package $1,500. Recaro base interior $1,000. Forced sync and My Ford Touch $1,000. Comes to $23,490 and thats if Sync and My Ford Touch are standard.

Who would buy it at that price? Or maybe $22,490 without sync and My Ford Touch.

paynecasey

Established Member
I posted a link to this thread on Facebook on the Focus fan page. Hoping executives are listening to the opinion of Ford fans in general. I'd say opinions on price may hold some substance here.

Even more epic would be the $23,490 Plus the cost of all wheel drive. Say $2,000 option put it exactly at the WRX price.

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I posted a link to this thread on Facebook on the Focus fan page. Hoping executives are listening to the opinion of Ford fans in general. I'd say opinions on price may hold some substance here.

I would hope so but considering what the gt500 and raptor bring these days......I highly doubt the ST is going to be "cheap". it will be a performance bargain but I figure that will come at a price. Will still be tempted to sell my 04 svtf for one.

paynecasey

Established Member
I would hope so but considering what the gt500 and raptor bring these days......I highly doubt the ST is going to be "cheap". it will be a performance bargain but I figure that will come at a price. Will still be tempted to sell my 04 svtf for one.

Ford would be brain dead to price this higher than a Mazda Speed 3 or WRX.

Plus, I did an honest calculation. Anymore than that is just price gouging. My bets are $22,000 - $24,000 base or I'm getting a WRX.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member

Plus, I did an honest calculation. Anymore than that is just price gouging. My bets are $22,000 - $24,000 base or I'm getting a WRX.

im with you...but thats wishful thinking. that car WILL NOT be under 27k

forcefedcobra

Established Member

I agree and I didnt say your calculation wasnt honest. I just doubt the price will be as reasonable as you have calculated. IMO all of ford's performance variants are a bit high in price. I had no problem affording my cobra when it was new. 8 years later I make twice as much money and have a hard time swallowing the price of a new one. My svtf, although a bargain back then, wasnt near the price of a normal zx3.

paynecasey

Established Member

I think the only similarity the ST has with the Raptor and GT500 is that they are all the flagship models or top tier.

The Raptor has no real competiton to fight pricing with, nor is it a global car to help cost, nor does it share a lot of parts across Fords other models. Same goes with GT500.

On the other hand the Focus is global for cost savings for Ford that hopefully trickle down to us. It's selling point is the turbo or 2.0 Ecoboost which is already on two other Fords and minimum upgrade cost ($995 edge). It's suspension isn't some crazy new race design. And well Recaro's? Can't be insanely priced.

This car has no reason to pass $25k unless it's loaded to the gills in standard features (crap). Just my opinion. It's no GT500 nor a Raptor.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I think the only similarity the ST has with the Raptor and GT500 is that they are all the flagship models or top tier.

The Raptor has no real competiton to fight pricing with, nor is it a global car to help cost, nor does it share a lot of parts across Fords other models. Same goes with GT500.

On the other hand the Focus is global for cost savings for Ford that hopefully trickle down to us. It's selling point is the turbo or 2.0 Ecoboost which is already on two other Fords and minimum upgrade cost ($995 edge). It's suspension isn't some crazy new race design. And well Recaro's? Can't be insanely priced.

This car has no reason to pass $25k unless it's loaded to the gills in standard features (crap). Just my opinion. It's no GT500 nor a Raptor.

sure those arent global platforms but their price when compared to past models is hugely inflated! I dont see how the ST (another flagship model) wont be similarly slightly overpriced as well. Like I've said numerous times, I hope I'm wrong because I would like to sell my svtf and walk into the ford dealer for employee pricing rather than go to subaru for the same. Not for a wrx but for an sti.

Users who are viewing this thread