2012 Coyote Paxton Install (Pic Heavy)

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
I'm about to have Jpc install this exact kit for me, you have any idea what kind of rwhp your making after the install? I will be adding american racing headers with catted x pipe. Also I have 3:31's which I plan on keeping. What gears are you running? I noticed that didn't seem like you spun to much, but it was a 40 mph roll, thanks!

I'm running 3.31's as well, and I don't plan on changing them either. I don't feel like shifting more than I already have to haha. As TrueBlue stated, the headers really aren't worth it until somewhere north of 700-ish whp, unless you're planning on going for that number eventually, or just like the sound, thats quite a bit extra to spend, but it's all in what you want!

Power wise, my car should be around 600ish SAE whp, but we'll have to see once I can get it to a reputable dyno next month.

On that 40 - 140, I didn't spin much because it had been a relatively warm day (for Colorado in February). It just really depends on how warm the roads have been, sometimes it will spin all the way through the top of second and through most all of third, sometimes, like the video, I'll actually get it to hook.

Now the race with the Camaro started at 30, and I had a passenger with 3/4 of a tank of gas, gave me just enough to not really spin at the top of second and into third. During the summer, with a good tire, I'd expect not many issues in second at all, but first will probably still need some finesse.

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I had my car dyno'd at Colorado speed and chassis off of Havana in Aurora. It was a Dynojet dyno and the owner/operator was awesome. We had to put a little belt dressing on the rollers because my tires were spinning, but after that everything was great. Where in Colorado are you?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The race was from a 30mph roll. You will likely be making right around 600whp, that is a pretty standard # with a base paxton and custom tune. If I were you I would not bother with the Long tubes as they dont add enough HP to make it worth the $ unless you want them for the sound. Read the OP post above yours to see the HP. He had to swap tires to plant the power. The car on the stock 255's would break loose at 70+mph so an upgrade was required. IT is still completely useless in 1st gear.

Oh yeah plan on dumping the stock Pirellis for a a set of of 305 bridgestone pole position tires on 19 inch wheels..not to mention doing some rear suspension upgrades ie watts link uca's lca's relo brackets...because power is nothing without control!!!!

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
great write up!

now go hit the strip and make me proud

Haha, I hope so! The strip doesn't open up here for a few months though, so I've got some time to get ahold of some real tires and hopefully not have the massive traction issues I had when it was stock...this track is pretty run down, so, more than likely, I'll have to head over to Denver to get some times on a real track.

stewarts2008

Established Member
ok, the only problems i really foresee with my install.....

1) I will be using the steeda 101mm cai.... i hope i can work the piping around to avoid cutting the CAI housing.....

2) I have the boss oil cooler.... it connects to the lower radiator hose that you had to turn around.... Guess i will have to try to work the piping around that as well......

Nocturnal5.0

Captain Go-Fast
Established Member
ok, the only problems i really foresee with my install.....

1) I will be using the steeda 101mm cai.... i hope i can work the piping around to avoid cutting the CAI housing.....

2) I have the boss oil cooler.... it connects to the lower radiator hose that you had to turn around.... Guess i will have to try to work the piping around that as well......

Connects how? With clamps or is it actually cooled by the coolant of the motor? I don't know anything about the Boss oil coolers.

stewarts2008

Established Member
its in the middle of the lower radiator cooling hose that you turned around:

m5lp-2011-new-boss-302-monster-synergy-013_zpsd0281c29.jpg

m5lp-2011-new-boss-302-monster-synergy-014_zps56a6453c.jpg

M-6642-MB_03_zps15546712.jpg

i have seen a boss around here somewhere that installed a vortech.... same concept.... and he was able to get everything installed with some work....

stang8psi

Established Member
Headers do work on FI, Not verry much N/A but as soon as a blower is added they pick up a ton! They did on mine and everyone else who has added them to their FI equiped 5.0

03lowram

Established Member
Are dailying your car?
Great numbers!! I'm trying to decide on what kit I want for my daily auto.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
What exhaust are you running?
Great write up!! I can wait to order mine.

He is running a stock exhaust minus 3' O/R H-pipe and Flowmaster mufflers. Everything else is stock.

Are dailying your car?
Great numbers!! I'm trying to decide on what kit I want for my daily auto.

He does not daily the car per say but he does log about 6K miles per year on it so it does get driven often. Including trips to Denver to see me which are 600miles round trip over the mountain passes. I am placing my order for a Paxton soon, I DD my 2013 and am not worried about the reliability. Its a great kit with quality parts. Just make sure to get the JPC coolant tank.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
He is running a stock exhaust minus 3' O/R H-pipe and Flowmaster mufflers. Everything else is stock.

He does not daily the car per say but he does log about 6K miles per year on it so it does get driven often. Including trips to Denver to see me which are 600miles round trip over the mountain passes. I am placing my order for a Paxton soon, I DD my 2013 and am not worried about the reliability. Its a great kit with quality parts. Just make sure to get the JPC coolant tank.

let me know when your ready to place that order :rockon:

The Paxton Stuff really is reliable!

Users who are viewing this thread