2012 boss tire width options

gkviper192

Established Member
I am looking into upgrades tires soon because I am going to be adding a considerable amount of power to the car. It is not a leguna seca and I will be mostly used on the street, what is the widest rubber I can fit on the rear with the stock rims? I am looking into nitto invos or an nt05. If I upgrade the rear tire size do I have to upgrade the fronts as well?

Thanks
Greg

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
There are only 2 Invo choices with the right height. 285/30/19 and 325/30/19. With a stock wheel, the 285's are your only option; you'll need a wider wheel for the 325's, if they fit the car...anyone know that?

gkviper192

Established Member
what would be the best 285 that would hook on the street that you guys would recommend?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
For a street tire the Invos are pretty good, but if you're planning on 500+ then hooking on the street from a dig really isn't feasible without a drag radial. Our Invos do well on the Camaro from a roll, and it's in the mid-500 range.

gkviper192

Established Member
i know hooking from a dig is never going to happen on the street with big power but would I be better off with a tire like the nt05 over the invo as far as street traction goes?

edit...scratch that, nitto doesnt make a 285 nt05

Where could I find a decent drag radial that is 285 width that would last for a decent amount of miles and doesn't look obnoxious? Does that even exist?

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
ah, the never ending saga of traction + stock wheels...... it just isnt going to happen with a 19x9.5 (not yet). I have fought this battle for years with 19inch wheels on my C6Z's, Shelby GT500, and now my Boss. I've come to the conclusion that a mickey thompson is the only tire that will handle a 500whp rwd car on the skreet, everything else is spinning.

If you find a solution please let us know :beer:

gkviper192

Established Member
ah, the never ending saga of traction + stock wheels...... it just isnt going to happen with a 19x9.5 (not yet). I have fought this battle for years with 19inch wheels on my C6Z's, Shelby GT500, and now my Boss. I've come to the conclusion that a mickey thompson is the only tire that will handle a 500whp rwd car on the skreet, everything else is spinning.

If you find a solution please let us know :beer:

hey im no pro on all this tire stuff like some people on here, so i thought someone may know about something that I don't :shrug:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
hey im no pro on all this tire stuff like some people on here, so i thought someone may know about something that I don't :shrug:

Forgive me if I came across as being bitter and unhelpfull, I've wrestled your very dilemma for the past 5 years. I want a street tire that will hook and fit on the factory wheel, but it just aint happening unless you are at stock power levels. I wish you luck, keep us posted on your decisions and results :beer:

gkviper192

Established Member
Forgive me if I came across as being bitter and unhelpfull, I've wrestled your very dilemma for the past 5 years. I want a street tire that will hook and fit on the factory wheel, but it just aint happening unless you are at stock power levels. I wish you luck, keep us posted on your decisions and results :beer:

its all good.. we all are on the same side here!

im gonna have to do some searching... will an MT drag radials fit on the stock rims? How long will they last being driven on the street?

My car is going to be getting a 2.9 whipple in the coming weeks and I am trying to prepare now, for the absence of traction. lol

Users who are viewing this thread