2012 5.0 mustang GT hard cold startup

Whitecoyote50

Hello guys

I have 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 , the car for 3-4 years was having the same setup ( bolt ons ported boss 302 IM ) after that i tried something new so i install NX coyote plate nitrous kit , VMP BAP ( to run E85 ) , ford racing 47lb injectors and flash new pump gas tune from shaun from AED , shaun told me to drain pump gas from the fuel system and refill it with E85 then flash E85 base tune so we can go from there to the final tune , but the car wasn’t happy about that on pump gas tune it’s straggling to start up the engine ( she starts after the 3-4 try ) after that she throw black smoke sometime little white smoke and rough idle , i have datalog the car when she do that but seems everything is on point ! The data shows nothing is wrong with her also there’s no check engine light ! , I’m really confused of what’s the reasons for this problem anyone can help me ?

thanks .

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
How many miles on the car? When was the last time you changed spark plugs? What spark plugs and gap are you using?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Are you trying to run your e85 tune on 93 octane? You need to drain all of the pump gas out. Then throw in some e85 and flash new tune at same time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Whitecoyote50

Updated : after I tried to read DTC from SCT X3 device it shows there’s no DTC that been stored on the ECU , so I tried to read it by VCM scanner and boom this codes pop up ( P0353 , P0356 , P1639 ) i will re flash the stock tune and try again if this codes doesn’t go i will check the coils

Last edited:

Whitecoyote50

How many miles on the car? When was the last time you changed spark plugs? What spark plugs and gap are you using?

its about 120k , i have change the plugs 1 month ago using NGK 6510 without any gap as shaun was asking to use nitrous with it and never spray with it because this problem shows up and stopped us to continue tuning process

Whitecoyote50

Are you trying to run your e85 tune on 93 octane? You need to drain all of the pump gas out. Then throw in some e85 and flash new tune at same time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
No the car is flashed with the pump gas tune I didn’t try to flash the E85 tune until i drain all the fuel and refill it with fresh E85

Users who are viewing this thread