2011 to 2014 GT Mustang any significant difference between years

RusWolf

Established Member
many reason listed above so you/your brother will have to go by what looks more appealing to you.

Obviously 2014 will have some different options from 11-12. Mainly to me what i find attractive in the 14's are track apps in the dashboard and rear tails.

On my 2011 i have tails from 2014 and i am super happy with how the car looks. Really there is only 2 options i wish i had 1) Recaro seats, 2) Track apps for the cool factor. Most users don't really use them so they just look cool.

The only thing about my car that bugs me (although i like the looks and it still looks modern) is the year, however since 2015 model is completely a different looking car i think 2011-2014 will all look good for the next 5 years if kept in good condition.

Pick whatever you can afford, make sure the car is healthy and with the lowest possible milage. Make sure to do a compression test before you buy. Also find out if the car was ever tuned and who did the tuning.

y5e06

Established Member
I've had an early '14 Track Pack Recaro car and now a base stripper '11 GT.
my opinion is to just buy the newest car you can.
no, that is not what I did. but if I were to do it again I'd spend a bit more than I did on the '11 for another '14.
side note: my early '11 transmission shifts quite a bit nicer than my '14 trans, both MT82s. go figure.

If you aren't going to mod it much but still want a little cool factor, then the Track Key option on the later built '14 cars is something I'd try to get... along with Track Pack and Recarros. Premium with the Track Apps would be fun too. I've only driven a boss with Track App but I liked it.

there were a few niceties added on the later cars as base such as leather wheel, HID, etc.

Last edited:

Bgoins

Established Member
Yes, you're correct. I did post the "track pack" for 11/12 models sarcastically but failed to do a good job of indicating it.

I see a ton of people selling11/12 models or listing their cars in sigs saying they have "track pack" 11/12 models which seems they are trying to add more value to the car.

I think the colors added were deep impact blue, the darker red and sterling gray, right?

I gotcha! I thought the only new color in '13 was the DIB but I could be wrong

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
-MT82 has some very small differences for 13+.

-Oil piston squirters gone for 13+.

-2015 head castings for late 14s.

-Exterior.

-Minor interior.

TrKrieger

5.0 EcoBoost ;)
Established Member
-MT82 has some very small differences for 13+.

-Oil piston squirters gone for 13+.

-2015 head castings for late 14s.

-Exterior.

-Minor interior.

Again some of the 2013 GT's have oil squirter's. I know this cause when we built the motor in my 2013 GT they were in there.

Users who are viewing this thread