2011 Shelby GT350

97cobraheaven

Established Member
How much were the shelby GTs of a couple years ago?

I love the look, but when you can buy a base GT and add the Shelby look for 1/3 the price, why buy it?

DE07GT

Established Member
Is it confirmed the 350 doesn't have a built bottom end like the 500?

I'll try and find the link if I can, but from what I read they're just slapping the supercharger on top of the new 5.0. Plus it has 11:1 compression, so boost is severely limited anyway.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
I still wish they would've stuck closer to the original GT350, by doing a slight HP bump using bolt-ons, lots of suspension work, and trying to shave weight.

the original GT350 had a Supercharger option

1966_Ford_Shelby_Mustang_GT-350_engine.JPG

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
...Carroll Shelby is a whore that will put his namesake and signature on anything for a few bucks.

fugly GT350 the whole body kit looks like it was hastly thrown together by a 5th grader that flunked arts & crafts
and more power to him. shelby is no more of a "whore" than calloway, lingenfelter, roush, saleen, hurst, the list goes on. it's called capitalism, the economic system that allows people to be sucessful.

yea, never mind that the body gaps are tighter than any other assembly line mustang, considering that the car is hand assembled. it's like saying hennessey sells a piece of shit product. i hate him as much as the next guy, but that doesn't change the fact that he sells a solid product that performs. underground dominates his stuff in spades, though thats a different subject entirely.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
ROFL..thanks for the economics lesson and the laughs.

Shelby has been believing his own hype for too long. He did a lot to advance Fords racing program back in the day and made some great cars along the way. Shelby had nothing to do with the current GT 500, other than selling/authorizing his namesake to be used. The Gt500 is a ford program thru and thru, as Shelby had no hands on involvement in the GT500 program.

His new GT 350 is nothing more than a mustang gt with a blower and chunky body kit. They bolted on a cheese dick body kit, wheels, some suspension goodies, exhaust and a blower. I guess that qualifies as hand assembled badass super car. If he can tack 34K onto the price of a Mustang Gt and get it, then more power to him. I am sure there will be some diehards that must have one, but don't expect him to sell many of those. There are far better options in that ballpark or even less. Hell the Roush 540 RH only tacks on 18K to GT price, makes 40 more horsepower and looks a helluva a lot better to boot.

I would not compare Shelby to the likes of Lingenfelter, Calloway, or Roush anymore, back in the day yes, but not now. Their cars are head and shoulders above anything Shelby does nowadays..

and more power to him. shelby is no more of a "whore" than calloway, lingenfelter, roush, saleen, hurst, the list goes on. it's called capitalism, the economic system that allows people to be sucessful.

yea, never mind that the body gaps are tighter than any other assembly line mustang, considering that the car is hand assembled. it's like saying hennessey sells a piece of shit product. i hate him as much as the next guy, but that doesn't change the fact that he sells a solid product that performs. underground dominates his stuff in spades, though thats a different subject entirely.

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
ROFL..thanks for the economics lesson and the laughs.

Shelby has been believing his own hype for too long. He did a lot to advance Fords racing program back in the day and made some great cars along the way. Shelby had nothing to do with the current GT 500, other than selling/authorizing his namesake to be used. The Gt500 is a ford program thru and thru, as Shelby had no hands on involvement in the GT500 program.

His new GT 350 is nothing more than a mustang gt with a blower and chunky body kit. They bolted on a cheese dick body kit, wheels, some suspension goodies, exhaust and a blower. I guess that qualifies as hand assembled badass super car. If he can tack 34K onto the price of a Mustang Gt and get it, then more power to him. I am sure there will be some diehards that must have one, but don't expect him to sell many of those. There are far better options in that ballpark or even less. Hell the Roush 540 RH only tacks on 18K to GT price, makes 40 more horsepower and looks a helluva a lot better to boot.

I would not compare Shelby to the likes of Lingenfelter, Calloway, or Roush anymore, back in the day yes, but not now. Their cars are head and shoulders above anything Shelby does nowadays..

I agree. Reminds me of Saleen at times.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
LOL, calloway is about the only exception on that list, since they practically build new cars out of a corvette. lingenfelter, roush, saleen, hennessey, shelby, they all bolt on body kits, wheels, and power adders. both roushs and saleens are mustang GTs with body kits, wheels, springs, and a blower. lingenfers are corvettes with body kits, wheels, springs, and a blower/turbo. hennesseys are vipers(or one of about a hundred different cars he would like to steal from you) with body kits, wheels, springs, and a blower/turbo. none of these are anything more than any of the shelby cars.

go ahead though, be jealous of success.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
meh...jealous of nothing, but your are entitled to your opinion... personally I would have my head examined if I ever considered spending more than 40K+ for a pony car like a mustang, or camaro, no matter whom massaged it... There are better choices at that price point, used late model viper territory and or C6Z...

Lord Warlock

Established Member
The GT350 is supercharged, so i don't know what point you were making.
I also don't understand how people can claim the 5.0 is at its max already when it hasn't even been released yet. I'd be willing to bet the 5.0 is going to be just as capable as the gt500's motor was, eventually.

I don't understand the mentality of Shelby and ford though, why is the gt350 a higher priced car than the gt500? They keep building cars way beyond the reach of the average auto enthusiast. At least in the 60s you could buy a gt350 shelby for a small premium. Even the gt500's were cheaper than competitor's factory muscle sedans. (i.e. my charger r/t cost more than a gt500 did in 69)

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
because ford has nothing to do with the GT350. it's a post-VIN package that the shelby crew adds to your mustang GT after you've purchased it.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Yep, the package is a 35k package over and above the cost of a new mustang GT. For 35 grand, i'm sure pretty much anyone could make a car as fast as and as dependable as a shelby. The advantage with shelby is the warranty probably isn't affected.

I was hoping the gt350 would be a more reasonably priced shelby to consider for those of us that can't afford to spend 48k on a new mustang. The shelby gt sold for about 37k so they could have done something similar, but the shelby gt's are not holding their value compared to the gt500s.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
everyone talks about the 'huge' price of these packages, but i really don't believe that there is a huge mark up on them. i believe that a lot of the stems from the hand assembly of each car. i could certainly be wrong though.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
the original GT350 had a Supercharger option

1966_Ford_Shelby_Mustang_GT-350_engine.JPG

Yep they did... I've seen 2 of those and one gt500 w a twin paxton s/c on it. Ppl tend to forget that like now if you had the $ old Shelby would put it on.

I do like the idea of a 03/04 cobra coupe replacement w forged 5.0 and eaton or whipple for say 39/40k. As far as 60k well like a supersnake can't afford it and refuse to pay that much. So seriously we should get/write/bitch to ford to build a decent 5.0 s/c mid class mustang. They could do it. Then later get rid of 5.4 and go w 6.2 based engine at 7l s/c for top dog imo.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
I'll never spend 50k on a car, I vowed never to spend as much as my first house on a car. (had coworkers at the time that drove new BMWs and Mercedes that cost more than my house). I wanted a shelby pretty bad, but I can wait 20 years if i need to in order to find one at a realistic used price. I have enough car toys as it is. The terminator is good enough for now and alot cheaper than going shelby.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Yea I'm with you, I bought the 03 for 31k w 1200 mi and w the bassani full s/s exhaust. I could have bought a new one for 32500 w xplan but $ is $, every lil bit helps.

But I would entertain a 39k 5.0 s/c stang w a good bottom end and a whipple 2.3 s/c. I really think a lot of ppl would esp. 03 owners. I'd look very favorable at that car esp if very close to weight of original 03. Superior car w close to same markup for the parts imo. But 60k? Lol.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member

Mr.Trapp is right, thing is Shelby has been doing this forever well since 64 so he is king imo. I like many don't like the prices so I don't buy his stuff. And I think ford could do this product in house like the 03. Shelby has made plenty of $. And ppl are still free to buy his stuff a gt350 or whatever he calls it. Ford can call it a boss, cobra jet, terminator or mach one, I don't care.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
WAY to much money for the 350,that's the price of the gt all over again for a supercharger & body kit????????

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Hey I have a question off the topic, kinda. Are the body styles of the 2011 mustang and the 2010 the same? I was wanting to get the 2010 gt500 or maybe get the 2011 gt and get the hood and front facia off the 2010 gt500. Because I definetly don't want it to look like the gt350. I agree I like the gt500 better than the gt350.

Users who are viewing this thread